The LG Spectrum (Verizon’s version of LG Optimus LTE) will receive a VS920ZV6 software update. And it isn’t going to make your device run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, sadly. But it does bring with it many enhancements, and as such we recommend you apply it as soon as possible.
The update naturally is of the over-the-air variety – no computer needed to download and install it. If you manually check for updates, it should be there waiting for you even if your device hasn’t yet notified you that it’s available. The software is about 130MB, estimated download and install time is 10 minutes. Full instructions for performing the update are available here.
Full details about the VS920ZV6 update are available here:
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for
available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
Web Browsing & Email
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added ‘Select Search Engine’ option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
Applications & Widgets
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
- Updated Gmail (v22.214.171.124) with a series of security fixes.
- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionalities.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience
when syncing email.
- Updated Apps:
- NFL v4.0
- VZ Navigator (v126.96.36.199)
- Amazon Kindle (v188.8.131.52)
- SmartShare (R2.0)
- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)
LG Spectrum 4G LTE Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts