Note: DO THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
When I wrote this and up untill last weekend, I had the Americas choice plan, so I was not charged data. Most, if not all of you, will have the Nationwide plan, which does charge data. I think you should pay attention to your first full bill, and if your data charges are more than the $10 monthly Nav fee, then just get the Vpak for $15. That way you will not be charged for the data used with the Nav, but you will also get unlimted data to be used with email, IM, internet, etc. A whole lot more for only $5 over the Nav fee.
The LG Venus and LG Voyager file names are in Blue. The LG Dare is in Red. LG eNv’s are in green. LG eNv 2’s are in brown. LG Phone Problem and solution
*THIS IS A MUST DO!*
-Connect your LG phone to Bitpim
-Turn on filesystem
-Right click on brew, and select “backup entire tree”
-I named it “brew original.zip”
-Now you have an original backup to compare other programs to, and to be able to restore your LG phone back to original if you ever need to.
1. Download $9.99 monthly fee version
2. Open VZNav, and let it do all updates
3. Connect your LG phone to computer with USB or bluetooth
4. Open up bitpim, and wait till it connects with phone and says ready at the bottom of screen.
5. Turn on view file system under the view tab if you do not have it already on.
6. Click on file system on left side of screen
7. Right click on brew folder on right side of screen and select back up entire tree (I named this backup “brew with nav.zip”)
8. When its all done with that, unplug and restart phone.
9. Go to get it now, or media center depending on your phone, and cancel VZ navigator.
10. Restart phone and double check to see that it is gone for sure.
11. Reconnect phone to computer and restart bitpim
12. Now in another window open up the folder where you saved the brew zip and extract it.
13. Go to the brew folder in the back up window, then click on folder “MIF” and you should see 2 files named 24248.mif and 271043.mif 269350.mif and 271974.mif 24248.mif and 32079.mif 269350.mif & 269279.mif
14. Go back to bitpim and open up the brew folder and then click on MIF. click on the file named 24248.mif 269350.mif 24248.mif 269350.mif in your back up and drag and drop it into the right side of bitpim. Then click and drag the other folder into bitpim as well. 271043.mif 271974.mif 32079.mif 269279.mif
15. Next right click on the MOD folder and select “make subdirectory”
16. Give it the name 24248 269350 24248 269350
17. Click on that new folder so that its open in the right side of bitpim.
18. Add all files from your back up from the same named folder by highlighting them all, then click and drag to the right side of bitpim
19. Now right click on MOD again and select “make subdirectory”
20. Give it the name 271043 271974 32079 269279
21. Click on that new folder so that its open in the right side of bitpim.
22. Add all files from your back up from the same named folder by highlighting them all, then click and drag to the right side of bitpim
23. After the files are written to the phone, unplug and restart phone. Navigator will be there again and it will be unlimited.
You SHOULD be able do these same steps to make any app unlimited. Just download whatever app you are wanting to “hack” and make a backup of phone again. Now open up new backup and your original backup in two different windows side by side and compare and write down every file and folder in the mif and mod that are in your new one and not the original. Those are the files and folders you need to put back after you cancel the app on your LG phone.
Source: cellphoneforums By Trbomp5