Why we need to disassemble our Verizon LG Lucid 2 VS870?
- To perform this will help you repair such as replacing a cracked or damaged screen or other internal parts.
The team at Repairs Universe has put together this complete step-by-step repair guide demonstrating how to tear down the LG Lucid 2.
Caution: you take your own risk on the disassembly, I’m not reliable and responsible for any damage.
This Repair Guide will assist you in installing the following LG Lucid 2 Parts:
- LG Lucid 2 VS870 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- LG Lucid 2 VS870 LCD Screen Replacement
Recommended Repair Tools to perform this repair:
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips
- Safe Open Pry Tool
How to fix a LG Lucid 2 (step-by-step tutorial)
Make sure your device is powered off before you begin.
- First you need to remove the back cover and battery as well as the micro SD card & sim card.
- Next you will need to take your Small Phillips Screwdriver (#00) and remove the ten (10) screws circled in the figure below.
- With all the screws removed you can now take your pry tool and gently pry off the back housing by releasing the clips holding it in place.
- With the housing removed you now have six (6) pop-connectors and three (3) antenna cables to release from the motherboard.
- With all screws and connections removed you can now use your pry tool to gently remove the motherboard from the housing. (Use proper care when handling the motherboard.)
- Now take your plastic pry tool and pry up the rear camera from the housing which is held on with some adhesive.
- You will also need to pry up the headphone jack, also held down with a little adhesive.
- Next use your pry tool to peel up the charging port flex assembly.
- Be cautious not to damage it when removing it. It is held down with some adhesive you will have to peel up.
- Proceeding with the repair you need to use your pry tool to gently remove the mid frame from the front housing.
- Insert the chisel end of your pry tool between the front housing and mid-frame. Gently work your way around all sides of the housing to release the clips holding them together.
- You will find that on the sides of the device there are the two silver housing pieces that can be removed separately along with the buttons. Set those off to the side until re-assembly
While doing this you may notice the LCD and glass touch screen are beginning to separate. You will want to keep the LCD screen with the mid-frame during this process. The front housing and glass digitizer are a separate part at this point.
Note: At this point if you need to replace the LCD Screen you will need to peel up the LCD’s flex ribbon cable which is adhered to the back of the frame to be able to replace it with a new working one.
To proceed with removing the glass touch screen from the front housing you will need to use a heat gun or blow dryer.
- Use your heat source on a medium setting hovering over roughly 3-4 inches away from the screen.
- You will want to heat in 30-45 second intervals being careful not to overheat the front housing.
- Once a proper amount of heat has been applied you can now take your pry tool and separate the glass from the front bezel.
- You may find re-applying heat may be necessary to loosen up any stubborn areas.
- Once the adhesive has been released from the frame you will need to slide the flex cable through the slot in the housing to remove it completely.
Notice: This repair guide is for instructional and informational purposes only. Perform this repair at your own risk.
Thanks for reading and I hope this helps some of you guys do repairs/make a device purchasing decision! Feel free to ask me any questions.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts