A software update for the LG Ally, Verizon’s version of the LG Ally, is now starting to get pushed to LG Ally owners. This is an update focused mostly on bringing performance improvements and enhancements to the phone. LG Android Phones
Verizon LG Ally Software Update Improvements:
- Improved ability to play audio that is received via picture message.
- Improved Exchange ActiveSync(R) (EAS) calendar synching.
- EAS provisioning feature is now compatible with all Microsoft(R) Exchange servers.
Verizon LG Ally Software Update Enhancements:
- New version of Skype mobile.(TM)
- VZ Navigator(R) is now preloaded on device.
How to update Verizon LG Ally Instrctions: LG Cell Phone Software
1. You will be notified that a system update is available on your device. Press "Install now" and your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
Note: If you choose "Install later" this will delay installation and you will be taken back to the home screen. The system update message will appear every 30 minutes until you install the update.
2. If you press "More Info…" you will receive more information regarding the system update on your device.
3. After you’ve received first notification of the system update you can manually initiate by going to "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates". Press "Restart & Install". Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
4. The update has begun once your device powers off and back on and you see the following screen:
Verizon LG Ally System Update while You Are Roaming
- If you are roaming you will not receive a system update notice. You will need to enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or as mentioned above you can manually update by going to "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates".
- To enable Wi-Fi go to "Settings" > "Wireless & networks". Press "Wi-Fi" to enable.
- To connect to an available "Wi-Fi network" select "Wi-Fi settings" and select an available an Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network that has had security settings established.
If the system update fails to install, you will get an error screen. However, this only means the software did not install properly. Remove and re-insert the battery and power the device back on. The Verizon LG Ally will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update. LG-Ally info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts