This method made by kc_exactly allows your Sprint LG Optimus G update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean LS970ZVB and keep root access.
All things you will need:
- Make sure your LG Optimus G runs pure stock ZV9 (not a flashed rooted version of stock), if not, you have to revert back via LGNPST (How?)
- The ZVB update (Link 1) (Link 2)
- GooManager App (This app allows you install & update TWRP to the latest version)
- Freegee App (This app allows you unlock LG Optimus G’s bootloader and install TWRP) Download for Free
Note: This method has confirmed 100% work as long as begin with a pure stock zv9
If you already have the stock ZV9 on your device, please skip steps 1 & 2
- Return your phone back to stock ZV7
- Do an OTA update to ZV9 or manually flash to ZV9
- Root the device http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-root-sprint-lg-optimus-g-zv9-ics.html
- Install Freegee from the Google’s market and unlock and install TWRP
- Update TWRP using the GooManager app.
If you hit the menu button in the app you will see "Install OpenRecoveryScript". That is how you install a recovery with the app.
- Download the ZVB update, and rename it update.zip. You need to move update.zip to /cache using a file explorer (this is why you need root)
- Reboot in recovery. Install the update. When you reboot it will ask if you want to fix root. Take a guess on what you hit.
- Download the newest Freegee app from 3/3/13. The version is 6.0.1. If you use an older version you will get a soft brick. So, make sure your updated. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.shell.freegee
- Run the Freegee app.
If something didn’t go right with root. Open Super SU. If it says no SU binary installed this what you will need to do. You should still have the files you downloaded to do the ZV9 root. Open a command window in that folder. The folder needs adb and the su file. Type this below. Hit enter after each line.
- adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
- adb push su /system/xbin/su
- adb shell
- chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
- chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
- adb reboot
The following is another idea made by fiddy619:
Make sure you have the Completely STOCK ZV9 on your Sprint LG Optimus G. If not, this will brick your phone.
- Download the ZVB update, rename to update.zip and move it to /cache. To do this, you’ll need to have root if you use Root Explorer, Estrong, etc
- Reboot to stock recovery. volume down+power till the 3 lights at the bottom come on, and immediately let go of the buttons. (LG logo will come on first, then the bottom lights. It might take a few tries)
- Install the update.zip from /cache (choose "apply update from cache." then "update.zip")
- Make sure USB Debugging is on, and your are in Charge only Mode
- Connect to PC
- Download ZV9-ZVB-Root.zip
- Extract and run CurrentRoot.bat
- You got root for zvb/JB!
Sprint LG Optimus G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts