Here’s the TWRP recovery for LG Optimus 4X HD, it’s a full-touch based recovery that allows some of the great operations on your device such as making nandroid backups, installing custom ROMs and so on.
All Credit to @Dexter_nlb for BootStrape/CWM recovery work
How to install Touch based TWRP Recovery on LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Get your LG Optimus 4X HD P880 rooted, follow this guide here
- Download and install the attached apk file below
- after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
- Start the LG Optimus 4X HD Recovery app
- Press – Install recovery – grant superuser access when prompted
- Three option lines in the app: 1st Install Recovery, 2nd Reboot Into Recovery, 3rd Normal Reboot
- Wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
- After successful installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the TWRP recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
Congrats! Your LG Optimus 4X HD is now rocking TWRP Recovery and now begins your race towards customization!
Warning & Issue:
- DO NOT use the "Format Date" function in wipe menu, this will make a soft brick, if you did this by mistake, you can reboot into stock recovery and run the "wipe date/cache" function to solve the soft brick.
- This recovery only supported the "standard update.zip" packages, this means some update.zip package which used none standard( EG: some CWM backup style update.zip for LG Optimus 4X HD atm) won’t work on this recovery.
- For some reasons this recovery not support CWM backup package, only support TWRP backup package style(This is the TWRP issue). But, anyway, I’ll make a patch for this later to support CWM backup package.
LG Optimus 4X HD Phone Photos - LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts