Firstly, We should know what is Debranding?
De-branding basically means removing awful operator firmware, and replacing it with the manufacturers original firmware. Hence converting your phone to the full spec as it was intended by the manufacturer. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Secondly: What are the benefits of Debranding:
Nowadays mobile phones are being branded by many Telecom providers such as T-Mobile, Vodafone, AT&T, Telus (LG Optimus 7) and many more. There are logos and pictures on your phone which you can not remove because they have been build in, in the phone’s firmware, and the phone’s menu might be in the Telecom operator’s style. In some cases they even limit the functionality (e.g. disable full use of GPS or disable Skype etc). So debranding your mobile phone is removing this branding making the phone look like a normal model straight from the factory. LG Windows Phone 7
So knowing that, following is the full tutorial on how to debrand LG Optimus 7, you do not need a developer/chevronwp7 enabled device. LG-Optimus info
How to debrand LG Optimus 7 Steps:
1. Enable MFG application, open your LG Optimus 7, go to dailer and dial ##634#
2. Launch MFG application, Password is 277634#*#
3. On your LG Optimus 7, select: Engineer Menu > Other Settings > Edit Registry
4. Set the input boxes:
- Select ROOT_PATH: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Input SUB_PATH: System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
- Input KEY: MobileOperator
- Data Type: STRING
5. Select Query and write down the result for re-branding (just in case)
6. To debrand leave the input data field blank, apply the changes.
7. The tool will say fail but it really did set correctly.
(you can also use MobileOperator "000-88" this is what worked for me)
8. Connect to Zune and check for updates.
Note: this is all free, we believe users should not have to pay for debranding or flashing the LG Optimus 7. Good luck!
LG Optimus 7 Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts