The newest feature we are going to boast about is a touch enabled version of ClockworkMod Recovery which is available for the LG Optimus 4X HD.
Step by step to install the ClockworkMod Recovery on LG Optimus 4X HD:
UPDATES: if you are installing an update , remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
- Get your LG Optimus 4X HD root’d, follow this guide here
- Download the attached zip to this post
- extract the apk from inside the downloaded zip file.
- install the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk on your mobile
- after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
- start the LG 4X Recovery app
- press – Install recovery – grant superuser access when prompted
- wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
- after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the clockworkmod recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
- when you do a backup, remember that CWM v184.108.40.206 got a bug, so you need to specifically chose backup to external sdcard for now.
You should now have the newest touch-enabled recovery on your device. If you want to go back to regular ClockworkMod, you can easily do so by flashing it through ROM Manager. Have fun!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts