Prior to downgrading download the following files and save them to the folder on your desktop: LG-Esteem info
Disclaimer: I haven’t tried this yet. I am not responsible for any loss or damage (including bricking) to your LG Esteem. Use this guide at your own risk!
How to downgrade LG Esteem Steps:
- Get the driver for the phone and install it
- Enable USB Debugging on your LG Esteem: Settings<Applications<Development
- Open LG Files folder:
- Move(Cut then Paste) the VS910.dll the desktop.
- Extract the MS910ZVB_01.SB_01.P3018.R1003 – Copy.zip file to the desktop.
- Extract LGNST.zip to the LG Files folder and install in the following order:
- a. LGNPSTv1.2_Store_Version.msi
- b. LGNPST_v1.2_Lab_Version.msi
- c. Components >> LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi
- d. GenericModels >> LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_5_0_10_0.msi
- Return back to your desktop-open the LG Files folder- open the LGNPST – open Right_Click_Register_DLL-select RUN.
- Go back to your desktop and right click on the VS910.dll file and select Register
- On your computer click START-Computer(or My Computer)- locate the LG Files folder in the left pane- locate the LGNPST folder within the LG Files folder and click it to open that folder- then drag the Skin.dll file on your desktop over the existing file in the LG Files\LGNPST folder. When prompted copy and replace it. Thanks for the shot Marixxaa -You ROCK girl!!
- Reboot your computer !
- Open LGNPST.
- Plug your LG Esteem into the computer and "expand and diminish" (to the right of no port connected) so that it recognizes your LG Esteem.
- When plugged in a window should pop up on your Esteem-make sure to put phone on "Internet Connection Mode"
- In the LGNPST program go to file- select DLL- and select the VS910.dll
- To the right of the BIN File click and select the tot file from the desktop or enter *.* in the file name box.
- Click the “START” button !
- You should now be prompted to enter the SPC (MEID # generated from the MEID Converter App you downloaded at the beginning of this guide ).
- Enter the 6 digit #
- Press start and wait…process takes approximately 20-25 minutes . Do not unplug or do anything on the phone until complete. Your phone will reboot when complete. Unplug it when it finishes cycling up . On your LG Esteem : Go to settings-about phone-SW version should now say MS910ZVB.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts