LG has launched the Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread software update for T-Mobile G2X for a few weeks. But so far as I know, for some reason a lot of T-Mobile G2X owners still haven’t updated their phone. LG Android Phones
Following is the full instructions on how to update your T-Mobile G2X by using the official LG Mobile update tool. It’s very easy to do if you do as I tell you, that won’t brick your phone anytime. So here we go. LG Phone Problem and Solution
All things you will need:
- T-Mobile G2x Android USB Driver (http://www.lg-phones.org/t-mobile-g2x-usb-driver.html)
- LG Mobile Support Tool (http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-mobile-phone-software-update-tool.html)
- Fully charge the battery.
- Save any important data onto your PC before updating the software on your T-Mobile G2X.
- Remove the SD Card.
- Close all open applications on your pc before proceeding with the update.
- Please connect your USB cable directly to the PC (Do not use a USB Hub).
- Do not disconnect the USB cable until the update is completed.
- Calling and messaging functions are not available during the update process.
- This Android 2.3.3 software update takes you about 20 minutes.
- The T-Mobile G2X is automatically reset during this process.
How to update update T-Mobile G2X Steps:
- Installation and open the LG Mobile Support Tool
- Plug your T-Mobile G2X into the USB Cable that’s attached to your PC
- Press on the “start updating”button to start the update process. The update process will be initiated
- The Update process could take several minutes, especially if your battery level is low. During the update, your phone might reboot multiple times
- Once the Update is complete will see the completion screen and your phone might reboot one final time. It is now safe to unplug your phone from the USB Connection.
To verify that the update has indeed installed on your T-Mobile G2X, perform the following steps from your phone.
- Go to the HomeScreen
- Press Settings button
- Scroll all the way down to “About Phone”
- Scroll the About Phone window all the way to the Bottom and look under the “Software Version” Heading, and you will see the Version #. The Last 4 characters represent the Version Number. In this Case “V21e” is the latest version.
Enjoy the software updating. Good luck. If you have any question, ask me, I will give you my answer as soon as possible.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts