This easy guide will help you to get root access on your LG G Watch R using Fastboot and ADB and editing system files, later you’ll also be guided to flash TWRP Recovery.
WARNING! rooting your device can void your warranty, do so at your own risk.
NOTE: These instructions below assumes you have a brand new G Watch R just out of the box, all settings on default.
Download TWRP 18.104.22.168 from here
How to Root and install TWRP on LG G Watch R
- Turn on ADB mode on the watch by going to about and tapping the build info 7 times.
- Download ADB and Fastboot utilties
- Plug the watch into the computer and your phone should vibrate and ask you to accept the computers fingerprint, tick the check box to always allow and hit ok
- Open up a command prompt or terminal inside of where the ADB utilities are located and enter
- Now you should be in fastboot, go ahead and on the terminal use the next code and follow prompts to unlock
- Now after you re-set up your watch again you will need to do step 1 and 3 again.
- Go ahead and type
- Make sure the recovery image file is in the same location as fastboot than type
- fastboot flash recovery YOURIMGNAMEHERE.img
- Upon successfully doing that you should have TWRP installed
- Lots in one step here, download the latest supersu.zip flashable file and put it in the same folder as ADB use the proper name of what you downloaded. type
- adb push SUPERSUNAMEHERE.zip /sdcard/
- adb reboot recovery
- Than using the very tiny TWRP and somewhat messed up go ahead and use it to install the supersu.zip under the folder /sdcard
- Enjoy root and TWRP
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All.
LG G Watch R Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts