As many other Android smartphones, the LG Spirit 4G comes with a lot of bloatware loaded on when it’s out of the box.
These system apps I listed below can be disabled/uninstalled without a security error appearing. Tested on my phone without any problem:
- google play books
- google play magazine
- google play movies & TV
- google play music
- metro block it
- yahoo sportacular
- street view
- total protection
- metro studio
- metro 411
- my extras
- pocket express
- lg smart world
How to Disable apps on an LG Spirit 4G
- Home –> Menu –> Settings –> Apps –> Tap on the ‘All’ Tab
- Look for the app you want to disable, in my case, i want to disable Google Play Movies & TV.
- The app might’ve been updated earlier, uninstall these updates.
- The ‘Disable’ button will show up, hit that!
- This will result in a pop-up menu asking if you’re sure you want to disable this. Press OK.
- You’re Done! However, if you want to Enable the App, look for the app you disabled and press ‘Enable’.
Disabling an app you can’t delete (such as google play) will remove it from the app drawer and annoy you less, and won’t show any update reminders.
Just remember, deleting Google Play Books (BooksTablet.apk), Google Play Magazines (Magazines.apk,) and especially Google Play Movies & TV (videos.apk) will brick your device. Do not be stupid!
In case you have bricked your phone, follow the guide will return your phone back to stock: http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-flash-a-bricked-lg-spirit-4g-back-to-stock.html
LG Spirit 4G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts