After spending a week to figure out how I can get root on my newly purchased LG G4, I finally got it to work, by using this method which was downloaded from the xda forum.
This software can easy to root all Regional and carrier variants of the LG G4, get to share with your friends. Although is very easy, but I will give a simple tutorial.
Caution: Please read the following steps carefully, since you may brick your phone if you do something wrong in the process.
You will have flashed a partition to some random place on your phone’s internal SD, and no amount of sad private messages will be able to help you.
I’m 100% serious, if you do this wrong, you will turn your phone into a paperweight – so please don’t go rooting your mom/dad’s phone with this method. Wait for something better from us.
How to Root T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/International LG G4:
- Install LG USB Drivers on your PC: All G4 (except Verizon) | Verizon
- Download the "send_command" tools from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772
- Download the appropriate files for your phone from the section below.
- Extract the tar.gz file you downloaded, and move the resulting "system.rooted.phonemodel.img" file to the root of your phone’s internal SD card with MTP mode. Do not rename this file, or move it into any folders.
- On the same page you download the send_command tools (step 2), follow steps 1,2,3,6,7,8,and 9 only.
Ensure that on step 9, you use the right COM port.
- Type "id" and press enter (no quotes).
You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root". If not, press CTRL-C, and do step 9 again (the application sometimes doesn’t respond on the first command).
- Run the command specified in the section below titled ‘Commands to Run’ to flash the rooted system image.
- After a few minutes of sitting, you should get back a "#" prompt. This indicates the process has finished.
- Type "LEAVE" (no quotes) and press enter. Your phone should reboot, and your phone will be rooted.
Read the Full Article, Go to XDA NOW!
LG G4 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
Continue reading How to Root T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/International LG G4
LG took the wraps off a new flip smartphone called LG Gentle in South Korea today.
LG Gentle Key Features:
- Dimension: 117.7 x 58.7 x 16.6mm
- Weight: 143g
- Networks: 4G LTE
- Processor: 1.1GHz Quad Core Processor
- Display: 3.2-inch LCD display with a resolution of 480×320
- Camera: 3MP rear camera/ VGA font-facing camera
- Battery: 1700mAh battery
- Memory: 1GB RAM / 4GB ROM / Micro SD slot
- OS: 5.1 (Android Lollipop)
- Connection: Bluetooth / USB 2.0 / Wi-Fi
- Price: KRW 200,000 or €150.
There’s no word on when LG will launch the LG Gentle. However, it must be mentioned that those who may be interested in getting the handset will likely not be able to find it outside of South Korea, LG’s home country.
LG Gentle Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
Continue reading LG Gentle appears to be an Android clamshell
LG has introduced a new budget phone in India, the LG Max which is priced at INR 10,990 ($172).
The LG Max features a 5.0-inch (854×480 pixels) display. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor. It has an 8 megapixel rear camera, a 5 megapixel front camera with Gesture Shot and Selfie Flash, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD support, single/dual SIM variants and a 2,540mAh removable battery. It runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box.
Sadly, the handset doesn’t support LTE 4G in India since the company believes the LTE coverage in India isn’t sufficient at this point (which isn’t exactly true). The phone is now available in three color options: white, titan, and gold.
LG Max Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
The Korean company might officially released the second generation of the LG G Pad, which was released on October 7, 2013.
According to the leak, the LG G Pad 2’s hardware specs of note are an 8.3-inch display with 1080 x 1920 resolution display, a Snapdragon 805 chipset with quad-core CPU and Adreno 420 GPU, 8MP rear camera, 5MP front facing camera, 3GB RAM, 32GB expandable internal memory and Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.
The LG G Pad 2 will be available in October. We have no information with regards to pricing or availability, as of yet, but we do know the new tablet will be official soon. So stay tuned.
LG G Pad 2 Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
Continue reading LG launching G Pad 2 in October?
Here is the current KDZ files for flashing / unbricking your LG Liger F490L Back to Stock! It will be the same method as the G3, G2 and G Pro, G Flex, Etc.
DISCLAIMER: This procedure is NOT for the faint hearted! If something goes wrong and you fry your device, I cannot be held responsible.
All things you need to download:
- USB Driver for your windows
- LG Flash Tool 2014
- LG Liger F490L Stock Firmware
- Visual C++ Runtime Library (If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe):Download
How to Flash / Unbrick LG Liger F490L back to stock:
- Download all requirements, install LG USB Drivers, extract the LG flash tool zip file. And to make things a little easier, put the firmware in the same directory as where you extracted the flash tool files.
- Make sure your phone into download mode. Shut your device down > press volume up and plug the usb cable immediately.
- Then open the LGFlashTool2014.exe up. For ‘Select Type’ choose 3GQCT. For ‘PhoneMode’ select EMERGENCY. Then go down to Select KDZ file. In the "Select KDZ file" enter the firmware of your LG Liger F490L
- Now Click normal flash. A window should pop up, Click Start
- Now "Select country and language" small box will open. Here select "Different Country" and "English" and press "OK"
- After a few seconds a screen will appear saying "The phone is disconnected from PC.". Do not click on any button.
- Now again connect phone in Software Upgrade Mode: Switch OFF the phone and Press Volume UP button and insert USB cable into the phone, Now phone should show Firmware Upgrade Mode and click retry button.
- After the process completely done, your LG Liger F490L will start rebooting.
You can fix this by shutting down the phone, starting the phone with the power and volume down button pressed, releasing those buttons when the LG logo shows up and immediately pressing them again, then choose to perform a factory reset. After factory reset the phone booted like I expected it to.
LG Liger F490L Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
Continue reading How to Flash / Unbrick / Unroot LG Liger F490L back to Stock
Just like a report from exactly one week ago anticipated, today Sprint and Virgin Mobile have started selling the LG Tribute 2. This entry-level smartphone first got official at the end of last month, and not long ago we saw it made its debut at Boost Mobile.
Now though it’s Sprint and Virgin Mobile’s turn. At Sprint, it’s known as the LG Tribute Duo, while at Virgin Mobile its moniker is LG Tribute 2. The LG Tribute 2 can already be ordered at $99.99 (plus tax) – sans contract or long-term commitment with both carriers.
The LG Tribute 2 comes with a 4.5-inch 854×480 touchscreen, a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, a 5 MP rear camera and a VGA selfie shooter, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of expandable storage, 4G LTE, Knock Code, QuickMemo+, Gesture Shot and a 1,900 mAh battery.
Still, if you’re interested in picking one up, you can do so already from the following links.
Sprint | Virgin Mobile
LG Tribute 2 Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
Continue reading LG Tribute 2 arrive at Sprint and Virgin Mobile