LG has outed more details concerning its new LG Watch Urbane LTE smartwatch, which will be available in South Korea this Friday, March 27.
To refresh your memory on just how powerful the LG Watch Urbane LTE really is, the official specs are listed as:
- quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- circular 1.3 inches plastic OLED (320×320 pixels, 245ppi) display
- 1GB LPDDR3 of RAM, 4GB eMMC internal storage
- 9-axis (gyro / acceleration / compass), barometric pressure sensor, heart rate sensor, GPS
- IP67 waterproof certification
- 700mAh Battery
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b, g, n), Bluetooth 4.0LE, NFC
- Silver color
It will cost 650,000 KRW ($590) in Korea. That’s certainly a lot of money, higher than the starting price of the Apple Watch ($349). However, unlike the Apple Watch, the LG Watch Urbane LTE sports its own SIM card, it is able to make phone calls on its own, without being tethered to a smartphone.
Of course, the LG Watch Urbane LTE can also be connected to an Android smartphone via Bluetooth. What is interesting is that the wearer doesn’t run Android Wear, instead using an LG proprietary wearable platform (possibly based on WebOS).
LG Watch Urbane LTE Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts