If you want to modify the WAP settings on the LG VX5500, to edit a file is the only way to help you change WAP settings in the service menu. LG Phone Problem and Solution
First of all, you should have the parafiltable1.fil file "hacked"
- Connect to your LG VX5500 and browse the filesystem via BitPim
- Download the ows/paramfiltable1.fil file to your computer.
- Using a HEX editor such as XVI32, open the paramfiltable1.fil file.
- Change the third byte in the file from "00" to "20". Go to "Edit", then "Overwrite string", then select "Hex string" and type 20 in the bottom field. See a picture of modified paramtable here:
- Save the file, and overwrite it on your phone.
- Reboot your phone now.
You can now proceed to editing the WAP settings.
- Press ##77647265500 and SEND (##PROGRAM + model number)
- Enter code 000000 (If it is a prepaid LG VX5500, it is likely that the spc of 000000 that this guide uses will not work. Prepaid versions of this phone usually have a unique non-zero spc.)
- Now go to WAP Settings. You will be changing the following:
- Proxy address setting:
- Primary address: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com
- Secondary address: ppcgw2.vzwreseller.com.
- Proxy port setting:
- Primary port and secondary port: 8080
- Primary LXL port and secondary LXL port: 443.
- User name: original from the phone, do not change it! This a phone’s MIN number
- User password: vzw
- Homepage: http://homepage
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts