Dec
09
Filed Under (LG Phone Problem and Solution, LG Vu) by lg-phones on 09-12-2008

Q: My phone’s battery life is really bad. I just got the LG Vu saturday and I have had to charge it 4 times already. It doesn’t hold a charge for more than 20 hours even if I am not using it. LG Phone Problem and solution

A: You can lower the brightness and the touch feedback by going into the Display & Touch Settings menu, respectively. LG-Vu info
For brightness…

4th Menu > Display Settings > Brightness  *** You can also set the backlight timer to a shorter period
For touch feedback…
4th Menu > Touch Settings > Screen Feedback > Beep or Silent (will use less than Vibrate) 
or…
4th Menu > Touch Settings > Intensity > 1-2

Obviously, if your LG Vu phone is dying quickly when you’re not using it…neither of the above will really do anything since the LG Vu phone is in standby mode.  The biggest issue is 3G.  LG Vu – turn off the 3G connection

LG cell Phone – Related Posts

Comments

Caseymom on 23 October, 2010 at 6:06 pm #

Has anyone had a problem with the phone overheating while talking? I bought a new battery already when it was discharging while charging. Almost caught on fire. I still can;t talk for more than 15 minutes before my ears start to burn. Bloody nuisance.


whatever on 7 November, 2010 at 3:08 am #

I had the problem with the lg. I went to the at&t store and they said they did not carry that battery for that phone. I even called at&t and did not have the battery. Someone told me they have been having problems with this phone for sometime now. I ended up getting a different brand of phone. I will never get another lg phone again.


lg battery on 30 November, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

I had the same problem and got my battery replaced by at&t. Apparently LG sent out a memo that they had put defective batteries in some of their phones. The defective batteries will look and feel like they are bulging.


badbattery on 20 December, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

Don’t buy LG VU! Warning to all buyers, I have LG VU little over a year (out of warrant) and now the battery doesn’t hold longer than “single talk”

The batter will say its full bars when you have it charged, but when you start talking on the phone, the bars become one or zero and then beeps, eventually it shuts down because of low battery. This happens even right after you charge the battery, if someone calls you or you call someone, the battery is immediately drain to zero! LG only makes their phone to last an year! Don’t waste your money on LG VU


Sadie on 17 January, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

my sis’ LG VU sucks. She charged it 4 20 minutes and now it says its fully charged. Shes had it over a year. Any advice.


finding_answers on 20 January, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

I have had my VU for 25 months, so I am just now ready for an upgrade. A couple of months ago, I noticed that the back cover on my phone was hard to put back on once you took it off.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that my phone would start beeping and blinking “Low Battery” and shut itself down. Immediately after, it would turn itself back on with full bars, and last the rest of the day. Finally, it stopped charging with the stock charger altogether.

So, after testing the charger, and the wall outlet, I determined that the problem must be with the phone and took it to the AT&T store. The clerk there looked at my battery and said it was “swollen.” She told me they have had lots of people come in with this problem and that LG in fact does not even produce this battery anymore. She suggested getting a new phone or looking on Amazon.com for a battery.

After doing some research, I found that this “swollen” effect to the battery comes from overcharging. When using the stock charger that comes with the phone, a sensor is triggered when yor phone is fully charged. Since the voltage in your common outlet is 125 V, and the battery in your phone only charges to 3.7 V, it is easy for the battery to become overcharged without this sensor. However, generic chargers, such as those for your car, do not incorporate this sensory function, and therefor allow your battery to charge as long as it is connected to an apparatus in conjunction with your car battery (12V).

The swollen appearance to the battery is a sign that one or more of the lithium ion cells within the battery has failed. With this in mind, the overheating that some of you have experienced while talking, is a sign that irregular reactions within the battery are taking place. This could lead to leakage of the ions, which could cause burns, or it could cause the phone to spontaneously catch fire. For this reason, the phone/battery should not be used if you are experiencing problems.

Indeed, I have been using a generic car charger for my phone the last couple of week, which is most likely the cause of the sudden change in battery life. However, I do know that the battery has been swollen for the past several months (though I didn’t know at the time), which leads me to believe that the batteries are defective, or that they are made to last ≤2 years, so that the customer will be forced to buy a new phone when they remew their 2 year contract.

Bottom line:
— the batteries are bad
— you should only charge your phone using a stock charger, or company(LG) produced car charger.
— if you are experiencign problems, replace the phone and/or battery


Mike on 31 January, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

Same issue here…had my LG Vu for over a year. Phone is fully charged and dies after 1 minute conversation. It shows full bars after I turn it back on…
AT&T doesnt have a replacment battery.


Phoxy on 20 June, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? DH has a LG Vu and it won’t hold a charge for longer than a minute & then shuts off. But when you try to turn it back on, it says full battery. I replaced the battery already and it was fixed for about a week. Contract isn’t up for a while so we can’t afford to just get a new phone. We will never get another LG phone


Anonymous on 13 August, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

i have the same promblem so i swtich to the iphone


Post a Comment
Name:
Email:
Website:
Comments: