LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to calibrate the touch screen
- Unlock the phone and enter the Main Menu
- Enter Settings and Tools
- Use your finger to scroll the screen upward and select Touch Settings
- Tap Calibration and follow the prompts
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to change thumbnail option settings in HTML Browser
- From standby, unlock the touch screen by pressing Unlock.
- Enter the Main Menu by pressing [::]
- Touch the Browser icon.
Use your finger to scroll the screen upward then touch Settings -> Display -> Thumbnail.
On- Thumbnail screen is always displayed in one corner of the screen.
Off- Thumbnail screen image is never displayed on the screen.
Auto- Thumbnail screen image is displayed whenever a spot is touched on the screen or finger moves up/down softly on the right side of the screen.
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to sync calendar from Microsoft Outlook using Bitpim
- Connect a USB cable from your charge port to your computer.
- Open Bitpim.
Note: Bitpim should automatically alert you that it has detected your Voyager. If not, press the Find Phone icon on the tool bar to search for your phone. (USB Drivers are required)
- Once your phone has been detected, follow these steps:
File> Import> Auto Calendar Import> Settings
- With the Auto Calendar Import Settings box open, select Outlook as the Calendar Type.
Note: By selecting Calendar Settings> Filter, you can set the alarm settings for imported events and click OK
- Click OK again in the Configure Outlook Calendar AutoSync Settings box.
- To perform the sync, click OK in the Auto Calendar Import Settings box.
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to make a 3-way call
- With your Voyager on standby, enter the number of the first party you wish to call or press Contacts icon to choose from your contacts list and press Send.
- Once the call is underway ask the party on the line to hold as you repeat the same
process to choose a second caller by selecting a contact from the Contact List or just
by typing the number.
- Upon connecting with the second caller, press the Send key again to combine he calls into one.
(Contacts icon> Select Contact> Send> Options> Contacts Menu> Select Contact> Send> Send again)
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to access the Navigational Keypad shortcut options
Main Menu-> Settings and Tools-> Phone Settings-> Set Shortcut keys-> Select the
Navigation key and press Set to view options
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to export contacts from your phone to Outlook using Bitpim
File—> Export—> CSV Contacts—> All(# of contacts)—> OK
File—> Import and Export—> Import from another program or file—> Nextà—>Comma Separated Values (Windows)*—> Next —> browse—> select bitpim.csv file—> Next—> Highlight “contacts” and click Next—> Check the “import bitpim.csv into folder: contacts” box.
When you do this a window will pop up which allows you to map custom fields. This is the
tricky part. On the Left you have the Bitpim file and on the right you cave the Outlook file. To align everything properly, you need to drag the correct value from the bitpim.csv file and drop it into the correct field in Outlook. Here are some helpful hints but it all depends on what data you have in your phone.
When you are done mapping your contacts into the correct fields, click OK to go pack to the main window where you click finish to complete he import.
*Note: If the CSV (window) format doesn’t work completely, follow the same process with the CSV (DOS) format and it should work fine.
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to sync contacts from Microsoft Outlook to your phone using Bitpim
- With the Voyager detected in Bitpim, follow the subsequent steps: File> Import> Outlook Contacts
- When the Microsoft Office Outlook alert box pops up, allow access to your stored e-mail addresses in Outlook by clicking the Allow access for… check box and then click Yes.
- When the Import Outlook Contacts box appears with a listing of the stored contacts in Outlook, click Merge at the bottom of the page. (File> Import> Outlook Contacts> Allow Access For…> Yes> Merge)
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to create ringtones from mp3 files using Bitpim
- Use any mp3 conversion software to convert your songs to mp3 format.
- In Bitpim, open the Ringers page and click the Add New Ringer icon on the tool bar.
- When the Choose Files box appears, select the file where you have your mp3’s stored. Note: If the song you are selecting still has the folder icon and not the musical note icon next to it, it still needs no be converted to MP3 format.
- With the Convert Audio File box shows up in Bitpim, change the Sample Rate to 32000, the Channels to Stereo (2), and the Bit Rate to 64. Then press Convert.
- When you can, press Play Clip to hear the song.
- Select a 25 – 30 second clip using the pink and red markers.
- Preview the ringtone by clicking Play Clip and readjust the markers if needed.
- Click OK to create the ringtone. Note: Bitpim will automatically add the ringtone to your Ringers page.
- To send the new ringtone to your phone, click Send Phone Data, click ring-
tones, and click OK.
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to find a destination using VZ Navigator
- With the flip open, press the OK key to enter the main menu.
- Select the VZ Navigator by pressing left once with the navigation key and press OK.
- Press OK again to enter VZ Navigator.
- Scroll down with the navigation key to highlight Local Search and press OK.
- Press right to choose from previously organized categories.
- Highlight the shortcut under which your destination is categorized and press OK.
- Now back in the Local Search menu, press down with the navigation key and enter the name of your destination (if known) and press OK to search.
- Press the left soft key to run the VZ Navigation program.
- Press the OK key to hear verbal instructions which will allow for safer driving.
- If you have a passenger who can serve as the navigator, have him/her press right on the navigation key pad to follow step-by-step directions. OR, By pressing the left soft key, VZ Navigator will open a GPS map which will follow you along the fastest route until you reach your destination.
Note: For the VZ Navigator to be able to guide you using the GPS map, you must be on a public road (not in a parking lot for example).
LG Voyager Tips and Tricks: How to convert videos (using Xilisoft) and transfer them to your phone for viewing
- Start by connecting your microSD card to the computer using whatever adaptor you have available.
- Click on any video file and drag it into the Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter screen.
- Select your video settings, making sure the codec corresponds with the codec used by your phone. Note: Bigger Video Sizes and higher bitrates will affect the quality of video and amount of memory your phone will need to play it. These settings are up to you to customize if wanted but a good video size for a phone is 320×240 with a bitrate of 120.
- Customize the audio settings. Note: The audio codec needs to be changed to mpeg4aac. If desired, you can raise the bitrate to 48 and the sample rate to 1600.
- In the destination box, select the My Flix folder on the microSD card.
- Click Encode near the top of the box
- Once encoding is done, open Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter Wizard and click Next.
- Click Load to highlight and select the encoded video and click Next again.
- Click default to set the beginning and end as the start and end points and click Next twice.
- Click on the brows icon and select the My Flix folder inside the microSD card and click Next
- Click Encode followed by Close.
- Finally, agree to quit to finish.
Transferring to Phone
- Once the video is stored on the microSD card, safely remove the hardware (adapter) to which it is connected.
- Take the card out of the adapter and place it into the microSD card reader on your phone.
- To view the video, press left navigation key to enter the Picture and Video menu.
- Highlight My videos and press OK.
- Select the film icon with the microSD card symbol and press OK to View.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts