This instruction is original posted on LG Arena forum, and now I found that it also works great on LG Viewty Smart phone. Hope it helps! LG Phone Problem and Solution
Disclaimer: Follow these instructions at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any damages, injury or death resulting from use of these instructions. If you follow the steps exactly as described, you should have no problems. There have been several cases of users who were unsuccessful, or even unable to use their phone after attempting to flash the firmware. So if you are uncertain, don’t try this yourself. Please read through this entire thread for experiences from other users, tips/troubleshooting, and possible problems/solutions. LG-Viewty Smart info
These instructions are for those who are flashing their phone for the FIRST TIME! Those who have already successfully flashed their phone before, perform only the steps colored in YELLOW:
Note to Vista/Win7 users: Run all programs as Administrator when flashing your phone (ie. PC Suite, B2CApp, LG-Utils, etc.). To do this, right click on each program and select "Run As Administrator".
Note to people who had unlocked their phones: There is a possibility that your SIM lock will turn back on after flashing. I have flashed my phone many many times, and my SIM lock has never turned back on. But there have been 2 or 3 users who reported that their phones were locked again after flashing with new firmware, and they had to get the phone unlocked again. So follow these instructions at your own risk.
1. Download LGUSBModemDriver: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-viewty-smart-driver-download.html
2. Download LG-Utils.zip: http://www.assembla.com/spaces/ks360/documents/aEZLwobzar3RzFeJe5afGb/download?filename=LG-Utils.zip
3. Download B2CAppSetup.exe: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe
4. Download desired firmware version and save it in C:\ (in the root folder, ie. C:\V10M_02.kdz): Refer to this thread for List of Latest Firmwares
5. Make sure the phone battery is charged (at least 2 bars). Remove SIM card and MicroSD memory card.
6. With the phone ON and battery IN, plug phone into computer with supplied USB cable, and press "PC Suite" mode on the phone.
7. A box shows up that says "Installing LG USB Modem Driver", and the LG USB driver will automatically be installed (wait until the ballon pop-up says "Your new hardware is installed and ready to use").
8. Next the screen will show "LG PC Suite III installation guide", asking you to either "Download" or install from CD.
To download from the web:
9a. If you don’t have the CD, you can click "Download", and the Setup file will start to download (78.4MB).
10a. "Save" the file to any location, and click "Run" once the download is complete.
To install from CD:
9b. If you have the CD, click "OK", and insert the CD. The CD should AutoPlay (you can skip the intro).
10b. Select your language, and then click "LG PC Suite".
11. Choose the setup language.
12. Click "Next" on the welcome screen.
13. Accept the terms.
14. Install to the default location, and click "Next".
15. Once the install is complete, leave "Run LG PC Suite III" checked, and click "Finish". (If you installed from the CD, you will need to close the AutoRun screen).
16. LG PC Suite should open up, and it should show "PC suite mode GC900".
17. Wait a minute or two, and a window will pop-up in the bottom right corner telling you there is an updated version of LG PC Suite III, click "OK" to update PC Suite.
18. Let the LG PC Suite III Update finish, and PC Suite will open back up. (There may be more than 1 update depending on which version you started with, mine did 3 updates, so install any updates to PC Suite that are available). My current version is 18.104.22.16890420.
19. If you wait another minute or two, another pop-up will tell you that you can upgrade the phone software, click "CANCEL". Just minimize PC Suite and leave it running in the background.
20. Extract LG-Utils.zip into folder: C:\LG-Utils\
21. Install B2CAppSetup.exe while computer is still connected to the internet. When finished, the LG User Support Tool window should be showing.
22. In the Menu Bar, click "Options & Help", and click "Country & Language". Select the appropriate Country & Language (I used UK/English, avoid countries that don’t have the Arena, ie. United States). Then just minimize the LG User Support Tool window and leave it running in the background.
23. Go to Start Menu and click "Run". Type in: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client" and click "OK" (this folder path might be slighty different on different computers, but basically you need to get into the Application Data folder, which is normally a hidden folder, then navigate to LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client\ folder). Edit: In Vista, the folder you should look for is: C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client
24. Select these 2 files: "LGMobileDL.dll" & "LGMUpgradeDL.dll" and copy them to the folder C:\LG-Utils\ (replace those 2 files in the C:\LG-Utils\ folder).
If you get an error later when flashing, try downloading these versions of the DLL files, some people have had success with these files instead: LGMobileDL.dll and LGMUpgradeDL.dll)
25. Extract LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_4.9.4_NP_IFXG22.214.171.124(2).zip into any folder.
26. Open the folder you just extracted the driver to, and open the subfolder "FlashUSB".
27. Run the "Setup.exe" file.
28. Select your language.
29. Click "Next" on the welcome screen.
30. Install to the default location, and click "Next". Then click "Install".
31. Once installation is finished, click "Finish".
32. You are now ready for the flashing.
33. Go to C:\LG-Utils\ and run KP500-Utils-EN.exe.
34. In the DOS window that shows up, input the following:
Phone Model: GC900
File (.CAB) including the firmware: C:\V10M_02.kdz (change this to whatever version you are flashing with)
Version(SW Version): V10M_02 (same as above, but without the "C:\" and without ".kdz")
35. Once you press Enter, the Phone Upgrade window should appear, and "Analysis" will start.
36. Next it will go to "Download" and extract the firmware file. (Notice it says "Extract kdz file Success").
37. Then it will start the "Upgrade".
38. At this point, the computer should pop-up a ballon that says "Found New Hardware". If you installed the "FlashUSB" as instructed earlier, it should install the New Hardware automatically, and you should get a message saying "Your new hardware is installed and ready to use".
39. The Upgrade should take about 10-20 minutes, the phone may reset a couple times.
40. Wait until Update Completed message shows. Then press "Quit". (If an error occurred before you reach the Update Completed message, skip to step 42.)
gs, then go into the Service Menu by pulling up the dial pad and typing "1809#*900#".
44. Select "Factory Reset" WARNING: there will be no confirmation message, once you press "Factory Reset" the phone will erase everything.
45. If there was an error during the Upgrade process, do the factory reset, also restart your computer, then go back to Step 33 and repeat everything up to Step 40, the Update should complete without error.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts