I’m just transferring this thread from the XDA forum for those that would be interested in getting onto (or back onto) AT&T’s unlimited data plan rather than the tiered plans they offer. LG Android Phones
This method requires an iPhone 2G in order to do it and a sim card that has not been previously registered on an iPhone.
It does work, I did it on my own lines with ease.
I just wanted to share what I found out.
LG Thrill 4G Tips – Getting Unlimited Data on AT&T Steps:
- You must have an iPhone 2G, and a sim card that has never been registered to an iPhone 2G before
- Hard reset the iPhone, put in your simcard, and register the iPhone 2G in iTunes. You will be asked to confirm you agree to $20/month unlimited 2g data + 200 text messages.
- Check online account to see if plan went through, or call 611 and confirm.
- Find a CSR that will change your iPhone 2g plan to unlimited smartphone personal. I tried over the phone multiple times and they kept on saying they couldn’t do it since the unlimited plan didn’t exist before June 2010. I was about to give up but went to a retail location and the guy did it on his computer.
- Enjoy your unlimited data! LG Phone Problem and Solution
NOTE: Whatever you do do not let them change your data plan off the iPhone data plan. If you lose that plan you need a new simcard and to start over. I think I may have had more difficulties cause I am on a business account, but it still worked! LG-Thrill-4G info
LG Thrill 4G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts