One of the first things you need to do to start using custom ROMs on the LG Shine Plus is to flash a custom recovery. Following is getitnowmarketing‘s original instructions for you to get the Custom Recovery menu. Good luck! LG Android Phones
1. Download the LG Shine Plus Custom Recovery image and unzip and copy to root of sdcard (not in a folder) LG-Shine info
2. Download flash_image here. Unzip it and copy to root of sdcard.
3. Open a terminal app on phone (e.g. ConnectBot app from the Market) and enter the commands below.
First, become superuser (required for subsequent commands) by typing:
To install flash_image, type each of these lines followed by Enter (in your termial app):
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
Then, install the custom recovery menu with flash_image:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-alohag-shine-v1.2.5-GNM.img
4. Now power off your LG Shine Plus.
5. The recovery menu can be booted via VOLUME DOWN + HOME + POWER with the phone off, and then with the keys released at LG splash. Alternatively, I could access it through ADB ("adb reboot recovery") or ConnectBot on the phone ("su", "reboot recovery").
6. Make a Nandroid backup from the recovery menu before you do anything else!!
LG Shine Plus Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts