To increase the LG Renoir volume of your ringtones:
1. Go to the service software menu 3845#*910# (as if you are going to dial for a call)
2. Go to (2) Test Device
3. Then (8) Sound
4. Then (7) Audio CAL Tool
5. Then (1) Sound Calibration
6. And (3) CHANGE SOUND DB
7. Change in snd_device_type “SPK_PHONE”
8. Change in snd_method_type_type “MIDI”
9. Change in Item_Title “rx X _db (December)” (where X is the value of your choice)
10. The values “Get Data” should be modified for that click in the “Data Set” (the numeric keypad is displayed) to enter the desired number and then click OK. To have a negative value, click the button “minus “(less) then click OK to change it. LG-Renoir info
Personally I just changed the value of “rx7_db(dec)” since this is the highest setting and you only normally have one volume set at one time.
11. Click on the arrow to go back 1 time (top right) or the “Multi” (middle button)
12. Finally, click on “Write on Sound DB to EFS (top line)
13. You can change the time or the parameter (s) use the red button (hang up) to exit test.
If you want to test your new volume setting you will need to ring your mobile from another phone. Testing from the volume selection menu on your phone WON’T play your changes. LG Phone Problem and solution
To increase the LG Renoir volume of your text alerts:
Follow the steps above changing 7 and 8 to SPK_MEDIA and MESSAGE respectively but again you will not notice a difference in volume if you test from within your phone. You will need to send yourself a message (or just wait for one to come in if you have lots of friends) to test your changes.
To increase the LG Renoir volume of the popup bleeps:
I don’t know why anyone would want to do this other than as a joke on a mates phone or to perhaps decrease the volume without turning it off completely but here’s how anyway:
Simply follow the same steps as above changing 7 and 8 to SPK_MEDIA and MIDI respectively.
Jtribe if you could add this to your first post it should make everyones life a tad easier.
Posted by Jtribe on mygreatphone.com
LG cell Phone – Related Posts
[...] LG Renoir – Increase the volume Read More Post a Comment [...]
Wow. Works great! But, have any way to increase the Renoir ALARM volume???
Hmm…my msg tones doesnt change…should i increase get data to 0 or 100?
Fazd: I set ‘get data’ to 100.
Bubak…nothings change…i got lots of msg n missed calls due to it slow vol
Can you teach me how to off the shutter sound for video recording not camera taking?
Cant find a way off.
The volume for the ring tones worked very well. But the message tone doesnt work it just stays at the same volume any tips?
what value i shall put in step 10 to get significiant effect?
this didnt seem to work for me, everytime i exited it the settings went back to the way they were before, any help ?
if you put the rx at 7, then put the ste p 10 value at 400 then hit minus.
also just take note that when you test it yourself it will not work. wait till u received a call or msg from another phone
the thing is thata as Chaddy said every time i set the parameters and exit the menu i re-enter and the old settings are still there. I don’t know why it doesn’t save those setting u are suggesting .I click on “Write on Sound DB to EFS” in the end so the procedure is the same as yours. Can it be a matter of Firmware ?
I am a little confused atthe values I actually enter to get a loud ringtone.
So I only set the rx7-db(dec) value…right?
What values are recommended here and what is the relationship of negative values?
I note that at rx0 the value starts at -5000 and at rx7, the default value is -900………so does that mean I get a louder volume at setting 7 if I make the negative value smaller than -900 or actually move it into a positive value?
Thanks for any assistance.
Sorry…….one more question.
Why do you select “MIDI” when changing the ringer volume, and not “RING”?
1. DEVICE TEST (NO. 2)
2. SOUND (NO. 8)
3. AUDIO CAL TOOL (NO. 7)
4. SOUND CALIBRATION (NO. 1)
5. CHANGE SOUND DB (NO. 3)
6. CHANGE ‘snd_device_type’ to ST_H_EADSET_MEDIA.
7. CHANGE ‘snd_method_type’ to MIDI
8. THEN CHANGE ‘item title’ . . . rx0_db(dec) is the quietest, so change to rx7_db(dec)
9. CHANGE THE ‘get data’ number to around -600 and THEN CLICK THE ‘-(MINUS).
I have tried all the possibilities but seems they don`t work on my renoir.Can anybody help me?
Works great. I set data to 80 and much louder.
Hii…i’m very confused..
i have changing my sound calibration in Rx 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0 with set data 700,600,500,400,300,200,100,0.
also sound type as MIDI.
but it was very loud…I cant control the speaker sound like normally at the phone..
Please someone gives me the default set data on sound calibration Rx7-Rx0 and the setting is speaker phone or handset?MIDI or ring?
I want set my phone back original…please help me….THX
aumentar celular lg
Have any way to increase the Renoir ALARM volume??? Please!!
Can you assist me in increasing my LG C100 cellphone volume