By remapping the voice button to call it allows you to answer calls by clicking a button instead of swiping. Because the short press on the voice button isn’t used, this makes it the obvious choice for the Call button. nfd77 posted a link to an App that will do this, but I’ll show you how to do it without the app. Please make a backup before attempting anything below. LG Android Phones
LG Optimus Tips and Tricks – Remapping the voice button to call Steps:
- Get Rooted
- Load the Custom Recovery
- Make a Backup – Use the Nand Backup + .android secure to backup everything. Never do anything without a backup
- Boot into your Custom Recovery – Power off then press vol_down + home + power with the USB cord disconnected. Once it boots into Customer Recovery plug the cable back in.
- In the command prompt go into what ever directory your Android SDK tools are in(If your rooted I’m assuming you already installed this) and type "ADB shell"
- Type "mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system" (This sets the system into read/write mode)
- Type "exit"
- In the command prompt type "adb pull /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl X:\(Where ever you want it to go)\thunder_keypad.kl"
- Open the file thunder_keypad.kl in your favorite text editor
- Look for the line that says "key 216 VOICE" and change it to read "key 216 CALL" (I looked at the logs to get this number) then save and exit
- In the command prompt type "adb push X:\(Where ever you wanted it to go)\thunder_keypad.kl /system/usr/keylayout/thunder_keypad.kl"
- Type "ADB shell"
- Type "mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system" (This sets the system into read only mode)
- Type "exit"
- Reboot your LG Optimus device from the Custom Recovery window
- Enjoy a job well done. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Not too complicated. I’ve adapted this from Michael’s work on the Moment key remapping. LG-Optimus info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts