The LG Optimus S Control Center brings a really cool new feature: Built-in Android SDK Tools. This means you can use the application without having first installed the Android SDK and SDK Tools. This feature is not currently available in the patched update, because arbitrarily switching SDK Tools is not recommended. This limitation is part of the No Stupid Stuff philosophy. The full install package (with prior full uninstallation) will ask you which one you wish to use upon first run. LG Cell Phone Software
About the LG Optimus S Control Center app:
The LG Optimus S Control Center was created out of necessity. Many users were having issues with the latest LS670ZVC update from Sprint, and it became quite clear that a one-click solution was in order. So began the "super duper easy VC root" app, but it didn’t stop there. I figured if I could create a working GUI root application, why not do a whole control center revolved around this awesome little device? Thus the LG Optimus S Control Center was born. LG-Optimus info
Android Automation Technology (AAT):
AAT is something I cooked up as a result of developing this application. Once I figured out that spawning CMD.EXE and piping text to it using a bunch of SendText calls wasn’t going to get anybody anywhere, I started working on AAT. AAT is simply a really fancy term for shell scripts that allow an application to interact with a rooted Android system in ways nobody thought possible before. If it can be done in a shell, I can probably implement it with AAT. AAT also makes updates super duper simple.
No Stupid Stuff:
No Stupid Stuff is somewhat of an internal philosophy, rather than a technology. No Stupid Stuff is a simple term for not allowing the end-user to do things that have a high chance of breakage (or simply not working at all). Things like unrooting whilst having a custom recovery kernel installed, or trying to install a custom recovery kernel without first being rooted.
Current Features and Abilities:
1) Android Automation Technology
2) Super simple root utility.
3) Even simpler unroot utility.
4) Install your choice of recovery kernels (choices are Xionia, GNM (drellisdee), stock V9)
5) BASH default shell
6) No Android SDK requirements
Planned Features and Abilities:
1) Remove/Restore Sprint ID
2) Install/Switch Launchers
3) Install/Switch kernels (MAYBE)
4) Install/Switch ROMS (MAYBE)
5) And so much more…
1) You NEED the Microsoft .NET Framework version 4 installed. Without this the application will not run.
2) You no longer need the Android SDK and SDK Tools, as version 1.1.001 and above have the option of using the built-in SDK Tools.
3) Version 1.0.015 and above no longer requires the SDK Tools to be in the PATH variable.
4) Your Optimus S should be running the latest software version installed by the LG Mobile Update tool. The Control Center COULD work with V9, but it’s not guaranteed. This also means that prior to using the Control Center, your device should be unrooted and using the stock V9 recovery kernel. If you updated the old-fashioned OTA way (didn’t use the LG tool), you NEED to read THIS POST!
LG Optimus S Control Center Download:
Super duper thanks to Bone_Enterprise for the file hosting.
The root process may not be successful the first time around. Make sure it’s REALLY rooted before installing custom recovery. If Superuser is not installed upon first boot after rooting, run the root utility again.
In the Program Files\LG Optimus S Control Center directory, you will find the update.zip that is needed to trick the recovery into mounting the system partition.
Also: in the same folder mentioned above, there are folders called "root" "scripts" and "customrecovery". DO NOT TOUCH THESE!!! YOU COULD SERIOUSLY SCREW UP YOUR PHONE!!!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
Can we please not rip my posts (and MY application) from Android Central?
DO NOT DOWNLOAD: This download includes the UNIX/Lotoor exploit (http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=Exploit%3aUnix%2fLotoor&threatid=2147643791), which installed the Android Dream backdoor exploit on your phone when you root it.