If you encounter problems during flashing, upgrading or downgrading your LG Optimus M, you may fall victim to loss of signal. In most cases this loss of signal is due to the MEID/ESN being zeroed out. Possible signs are your carrier saying Unknown or you can’t send/receive anything. LG Android Phones
First of all I want to give thanks to androidforums.com and Darnell0216 for pointing out this quick easy way to "repair" the MEID on the LG Optimus M.
How do I know my LG Optimus M’s MEID is zeroed out?
If you happen to be using LGNPST, it’s fairly obvious from the info on the right hand side. If you’re just using your phone, from the Home screen click: Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Status and look for the following: LG Phone Problem and Solution
My phone number: 000-000-0000
MEID HEX: A0000000000000
MEID DEC: 268435460000000000
Congratulations! You’re zeroed out!
How do I repair MEID it myself?
- Go to Android – whiterabbit.org and scroll down to MetroPCS on any Android phone
- Enter your MEID DEC from the sticker under your battery or on your box’s label
- Keep the info that appears handy as you’ll need some of it shortly. Write it down or screencap it if you think you’ll need to close your browser.
- Google QXDM 3.09.19 and install/run it.
- Connect your LG Optimus M to the computer with USB Debug enabled.
- On the Command Output tab, enter the following commands:
RequestNVItemWrite scm 0x3a
RequestNVItemWrite esn 0xXXXXXXXX (Your (p)ESN from WhiteRabbit)
RequestNVItemWrite meid 0xA00000XXXXXXXX (Your MEID Hex from WhiteRabbit)
- Restart your LG Optimus M.
You should now boot back up with service restored and your MEID back in place.
(Portions of this guide adapted from info provided by mrxkills. Not responsible for use other than noted here. Root responsibly. Void where prohibited. Etc.
If this tutorial fails to work on your LG Optimus M, your other two feasible choices are: 1) Send it to LG claiming a dog ate the programming and 2) Take it to MetroPCS and hope you get someone who doesn’t know what you’ve done to see if they can swap it out. LG-Optimus info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts