The purpose of this article is to help you make the “G Button” of your LG Optimus Black perfectly useful as lock/unlock button. You also can use it to shutdown the phone, long press it will launch the camera app as well. Sounds great, right? LG Android Phones
How to do that? LG Phone Problem and Solution
- Firstly, you need a rooted LG Optimus Black.
- Find the file“TWL4030_Keypad.kl", it’s in /system/usr/keylayout/
- Backup the file, copy or rename.
- Then open the “TWL4030_Keypad.kl", scroll down to 3rd line from the bottom, it should be “key 95 GESTURE”.
- If you want to use your phone’s “G Button” as camera button, change it to "key 95 CAMERA WAKE_DROPPED" (Once you launch the camera app, you can press the “G button” to take a picture immediately)
- If you want to use use your phone’s “G Button as power/lock button, change it to "key 95 POWER WAKE_DROPPED"
- Save the changes and reboot the device. LG-Optimus info
LG Optimus Black Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
- LG Optimus LTE, Optimus Black, Optimus 3D and Optimus 2X will get Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichLG Optimus Black headed to US Cellular as the LG Majestic
- Latest LG Optimus Black V10I Firmware Download
- LG Optimus Black White Skype Edition now Available from Telus
- LG Optimus Black Firmware Download
- LG Optimus Black P970 Firmwares Download