The most coveted of all the custom ROMS, the CyanogenMod ROM, has been available for LG Optimus 3D with a beta version SelfKANG2. This unofficial version still has some Known issues: LG Android Phones
- HDMI is broken
- 3D stills (photos) are not working. Taking them crashes the Camera app, viewing them shows both frames side-by-side
- Wireless Tethering works, but fails to stop. You’ll have to reboot the phone after use
Official site: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5701-Almost-CyanogenMod-CM7-SelfKANG1-for-Optimus3D
LG Optimus 3D CM7 SelfKANG2 firmware Download:
For peoples who are trying to install the CyanogenMod 7 on their LG Optimus 3D. There is a step-by-step guide from below. LG Cell Phone Software
How to install CyanogenMod 7 on LG Optimus 3D:
- Get (download) the CyanogenMod 7 SelfKANG2 Rom. The experimental variant is the only one available; it should do the job.
- Now, place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the SD card (from the computer).
- Restart the LG Optimus 3D and boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery. If you don’t know how to do that follow: turn the phone off, press the power button while holding down the trackball button.
- Select “Wipe data / factory reset”. You can move through the menu using the Volume keys and Power, to select the option.
- Now, choose “Wipe cache partition” (this is why you need to do a backup).
- Select “Install zip from SD card”.
- Then, select “Choose zip from SD card”.
- After completing all that, select the CyanogenMod update.zip. The .zip file downloaded should be in the list; just pick it.
- In order to go back to the main menu, select +++++Go Back+++++.
- The Optimus 3D should now reboot into CyanogenMod; that’s it. LG-Optimus info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts