Due to the great work done by mohit1234 at XDA forum, we can manage to get a better LG Nexus 4 camera. It is a very special hack that can improve the quality of video, audio and image quality. It will increase the video bitrate to 20mbps.
- Unlocked and rooted LG Nexus 4
How to improve Camera Audio/Video/Image Quality Steps:
- Using a file browser (like root explorer/es file explorer etc) go to the /system/etc folder
- Make sure your system is mounted RW
- Search for the media_profiles.xml file and open it up in any text editor
- Once you scroll down you will see the following:
- <EncoderProfile quality="1080p" fileFormat="mp4" duration="30">
- Change the bitRate from 12000000 to 20000000
- Save, make sure permissions are rw-r–r– and then reboot.
Caution: I will not be responsible for any loss or damage. It’s entirely your risk to download and install the software. Make you clear that this may contain bugs.
The instructions seems a little complicated to noobs. But never mind, following we will provide you an easy way to mod the camera.
Download the flashable zip file
- Download the zip file and place it on your SD card
- Boot your phone in recovery mode
- In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of the zip file
- Reboot and enjoy.
If you want your phone back to stock, just reflash the following file
LG Nexus 4 Phone Photos - LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts