Okey, this is a tutorial on how to Upgrade the FW of LG GW620 Eve/Etna Android smartphone which I pasted from devfrustrated.com. I do not have a try yet. Please let me know if it worked! or if you still get problems, thanks in advance. LG-Eve/Etna info
CAUTION: Follow these instructions at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any damages, injury or death resulting from use of these instructions.
First of all the LG GW620 Eve/Etna FW installation instructions are fairly unclear.
Basically what you need to do is:
1. Install the USB\MODEM drivers that come as exe file (LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_4.9.4_All.exe)
2. Restart the PC.
3. Start the phone and turn debug mode on.
4. Unzip the drivers library, you should have two : android_usb_windows and qualcomm_composite_driver where the second dir will contain most drivers you need for the FW upgrade and misc operations and the first one will contain the ADB drivers to debug and install Android apps on the phone.
5. Make sure the device debug mode is on.
6. Plug in the device to the USB.
7. When you are asked for drivers by XP don’t let if find on it’s own, tell him you’ll find it alone, and when you get a list of all known devices to windows choose ‘have disk’ and browse to where you unzipped the drivers directory, the first 2 drivers I think are serial drivers so they need the second dir, the third driver needs to be the ADB so you’ll have to redirect to the Android drivers dir.
8. Now comes the tricky part…
9. Disconnect the UDB from the device and turn off the USB debug mode on the device, then plug in again.
10. You will have several OTHER serial drivers discovered.
11. Open the flash tool given by LG than go to ‘tools->NV Backup’
12. Press on the connect and than let it find the serial port and start the NV Backup, if the backup fail, try on another PC, I had to move to another PC cause my was malfunctioning from soo many drivers I tried in the past from LG.
13. Ok, so basically now you have to take out the battery return it press on ‘1’ and re-plug the device to get it into ‘emergency mode’
14. Here I also got stuck, I got every few seconds ‘unknow USB device’ message coming and going, but no ‘emergency mode’.
15. The magic, as far as my experience with it goes is to open the device, change the USB debug mode to on, then off again, then unplug the device and extract the battery, put back in and do the ‘1’ key + USB insertion. Than you’ll really find yourself in emergency mode.
16. The rest is like their instructions were.
So for conclusions, if I had to wait for Orange or LG to help me flush, the device would never get to the market on time, that’s because of LG great awareness for the programmers out there.
If you are a programmer that needed the FW upgrade I hope the article finds you on time (and finds u well… )
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts