After seeing so many people get hung up on complicated guides to manually update the LG G Watch R to 5.0.1, I thought I’d write the simple guide during my next bout of insomnia. So, no sleep tonight for me means a new guide for you. It’s very simple, with only four steps: 1) download the OTA update, 2) flash the 5.0.1 recovery, 3) prepare to sideload, and 4) sideload.
Here’s how to sideload the update without ROOT.
- Enter Bootloader (swipe top left-bottom right as soon as the LG logo pops up on boot)
- Unlock bootloader (fastboot oem unlock) and boot the watch normally once
- Turn off and re-enter bootloader
- Flash 5.0.1 Stock Recovery (fastboot flash recovery filename.img)
- Enter recovery and ADB sideload the update (tap the android, select install update from ADB and enter adb sideload filename.zip)
LG G Watch R Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts