As we all know that the newest LG G Watch smartwatch runs google’s latest Android Wear OS, and now it seems that we can install the first custom Android Wear ROM on the device.
Firstly you need to install adb to unlock the bootloader and use fastboot, developer jakeday was able to whip up the Gohma ROM instead of spending time worrying about how to unlock the device and get access to the system.
LG G Watch Androd Wear Custom Rom – Gohma 1.0 Features:
- Improved battery life
- Reduced lag between screens
- Improved overall performance
- Increased vibration intensity
- Other surprises!
- Follow instructions in the zip file, do not attempt to flash!
- Let watch sit for a few minutes once booted to settle (a lot is done on first boot)
How To Enable ADB Debugging
- Tap the time for Google Search to show up and scroll down to Settings then About
- Tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options
- Go back to Settings and tap on Developer Options and enable ADB debugging
How To Unlock Bootloader
- Enable ADB Debugging (see above)
- Download the ROM package and extract the zip file
- Open a command prompt where you extracted the zip file
- Run "adb reboot-bootloader" (you may need to allow connections in the prompt on your phone)
- Once the watch reboots to the bootloader, run "fastboot oem unlock"
- Choose yes and it will unlock the bootloader as well as factory reset the watch, so go re-sync with your phone
AT&T LG G Watch Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts