The LG Esteem is not a very powerful smartphone. So some android applications have some lag when they scroll.
I found in logcat that garbage collector is working to much when I do some scroll in application.
I googled about it and found the ‘scrollingcache’ function inside android making problem.
Some application developers recommend disable ‘scrollingcache’ in app’s internal config. But not all applications have disabled scrollingcache.
So the mod I’ll do will disable the scrollingcache throughout the Android OS.
- GSE- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/SmoothScroll%20GSE-ZVB.zip
- #2- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/SmoothScroll%20Number%202.zip
- LD-LG Stock ZVD- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/SmoothScroll%20LD-LG%20StockZVD.zip
- Black Plague-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/SmoothScroll%20BlackPlague.zip
- Broken Out- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/SmoothScroll%20BrokenOut.zip
- Plague- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50330810/SmoothScroll-Plagued.zip
Guides on how to install the app on LG Esteem:
- download according to your rom
- place file in your external or internal memory card
- boot phone to recovery
- look for file in your memory internal or external
- flash file
Credit goes to AndroidON.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts