A lot of Bugs should be fixed in the next firmware release of the LG enV3 Firmware.
1. extremely slow/laggy when texting. the phone sometimes takes a second to catch up with when texting quickly. LG-enV3 info
2. can’t multi task like the env2 did. by this i mean, if i’m composing a message and someone texts me, on the env2 you could read that text, then simply hit clear and go back to composing your message. On the EnV3 it dumps your message into the saved drafts. Also, if i’m using backup assistant or surfing the web or checking my email, i can’t read a message and go back to what i was doing. the phone just cancles whatever i was doing. VERY annoying.
3. the phone doesn’t add words to the t9 dictionary. many of my contacts names aren’t in the dictionary, and anything i type on the qwerty keyboard isn’t added to t9 like the env2 did. "haha" isn’t even in the t9 dictionary!
4. Noticeably worse reception than the EnV2.
5. Worse battery life (if this is just because of a faster processor or something then this is fine. not really an issue but it would be great if a software update could make it more efficient)
6. unlocking glitch. sometimes when i get a text it unlocks, but only the okay button, and it keeps saying "press okay to unlock" but when i do that it just keeps acting like it is unlocked, resulting in me replying with a blank message because i hit okay, reply, send while trying to unlock it.
7. It takes far too long to move the cursor/delete things in text messages. it should work like a computer where if i hold left/right or delete, it should start moving the cursor/deleting characters quickly. Not many phones have this and if the env3 did it would truly make it the ultimate messaging phone.
LG enV3 Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
I’m not sure if this is a bug anymore, I have V02 so I’m not sure, let me know if it’s been fixed. Whenever I receive a text message and I open it, it says I can just “type to reply”. However, whenever I write a message this way, it doesn’t display how many characters I have left as opposed to if I hit ‘reply’ or go into an existing (not new) message and hit ‘reply’, then it displays at the top “xx/160”. Has this been fixed? Thanks!
are these problems on the Canadian Telus network as well?
@Keith: Same issue here. If I “instant-reply” to a message, it gives a message box with no characters indicator. It’s a quite annoying overlooked feature…
I was just looking for anyone else that thinks the enV3 unlocks WAY too easily! It’s simply ridiculous how easy it is to pocket-call with the enV3’s default settings – just hit OK once by accident and you start mashing & calling numbers. An additional setting (the one I use) requires two presses of the OK button. Wtf! I’d think it should require two independant key presses, but just pushing one button to unlock is insane.
Another bug that you did not mention is the volume controls. set on low, the phone plays like it’s on turbo-loud. like, i can hear low throughout my whole house, over stereos and tv’s. getting a text in the middle of the night is damn near enough to wake up the neighborhood.
Lately, the thing has been shutting off on me. Though, this might be due to how easy it is for the phone to unlock
I’m on my second enV3 and have the latest version 5 software. This phone just keeps turning itself off randomly. I’ll leave it on the dresser at night after a full charge and sometime in the dark it just powers down. Verizon replaced my first phone because of this problem and now this second one is doing it. It seems to get progressively worse over time – did this on both phones.
As well as the previously stated issues, mine has developed a new issue today. For some reason it is excessively slow doing anything when it hasn’t been used in a few minutes. Only thing I can think of is that I tried to move too much music to it via Bluetooth and at a certain point it declined my computer access and deleted all my music. That’s an old trick to me with this phone. The issue is, My Music is the only thing I cannot access now. I did try putting a micro SD card in it as well, maybe that transferred some virus? I don’t know how considering the SD card was rarely used and only used in my two previous phones which had no internet on them. Any help would be appreciated on this.