I had installed the LG drivers from the cd and everything went fine, then i connected my LG Dare but it would not connect/ syncronize music. It kept saying there was an error installing your hardware and on my LG Dare it couldnt connect to the pc. Well, after playing around a bit i found a solution! LG Phone Problem and solution
1. First install the drivers from the Verizon cd. LG-Dare info
2. Go to device manager( properties of my computer->hardware).
3. Click the synchronize music button and look at device manager. You should see it refresh twice and a new category,”Portable Devices” will appear.
4. Under that new category it should say LG Dare VX9700. The icon though will have a yellow question mark. Right click the LG Dare VX9700 category and click update drivers. It will download something called “MTP Device”. Do it quickly though because once the phone says cant connect, the category will disappear on the device list. Apparently, there are drivers missing from the cd and it isnt automatically installed.
5. After it updates, try synchronizing again. It should connect but it will only connect for a few seconds then disappear. So update the drivers again by repeating the above steps and it will work!
Hope this helps anyone out there with this problem.
EDIT: Okay…Some bad news. If you have this problem it means you have a faulty LG Dare phone. I just reconnected my LG Dare to my pc and tried synchronizing but the same problem happened… I have to keep updating the drivers for it to work… Im gonna to return it to verizon.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
LG Dare pictures
My dare installed just fine on my laptop but not my desktop.
[…] Verizon LG Dare Solution to fix error […]
omg it works