I just found an instructions about how to flash the LG cookie with .kdz frimwares on LG Cookie forum. This was tested and work great on a Windows XP PC with an active internet connection. LG Cell phone Software
Note: By following this tutorial at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any damages, injury or death resulting from use of these instructions. However I promise that you won’t take any risk If you follow the steps exactly as described. LG-Cookie info
Tools you’ll have to download:
- LG-Utils.zip http://www.assembla.com/download?filename=LG-Utils.zip
- B2CAppSetup.exe http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/B2CAppSetup.exe
- Firmware: the lastest cookie firmware is V10V00.kz http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/ABALVB/V10v_00/V10V_00.kdz
- LG modem driver.
- LG PC Suite
- Remove memory card from your phone.
Lets begin. LG Phone Problem and solution
- Install LG PC Suite and the modem drivers.
- Connect your LG Cookie to the computer and select PC Suite Mode.
- Extract the contents of LG-Utils.zip into your C: drive such that the path of the folder will be C:/LG-Utils/.
- Install B2CAppSetup.exe while computer is still connected to the internet. When finished, the LG User Support Tool window should be showing.
- In the Menu Bar, click “Options & Help”, and click “Country & Language”. Select the appropriate Country & Language. Then just minimize the LG User Support Tool window and leave it running in the background.
- Go to Start Menu and click “Run”. Type in: “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client” and click “OK” (this folder path might be slighty different on different computers, but basically you need to get into the Application Data folder, which is normally a hidden folder, then navigate to LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client\ folder). Edit: In Vista, the folder you should look for is: C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client
- Select these 2 files: “LGMobileDL.dll” & “LGMUpgradeDL.dll” and copy them to the folder C:\LG-Utils\ (replace those 2 files in the C:\LG-Utils\ folder).
You are now ready for the flashing.
- Go to C:\LG-Utils\ and run KP500-Utils-EN.exe.
- In the DOS window that shows up, input the following:
Phone Model: KP500
File (.CAB) including the firmware: C:\V10M_02.kdz (change this to whatever version you are flashing with)
Version(SW Version): V10M_02 (same as above, but without the “C:\” and without “.kdz”)
- Once you press Enter, the Phone Upgrade window should appear, and “Analysis” will start.
- Next it will go to “Download” and extract the firmware file. (Notice it says “Extract kdz file Success”).
- Then it will start the “Upgrade”.
- At this point, the computer should pop-up a ballon that says “Found New Hardware”. If you installed the “FlashUSB” as instructed earlier, it should install the New Hardware automatically, and you should get a message saying “Your new hardware is installed and ready to use”.
- The Upgrade should take about 10-20 minutes, the phone may reset a couple times.
Wait until Update Completed message shows. Then press “Quit”.
Thanks to MeLG who made the instructions to flash to .kdz firmware.
BTW, the tutorial also works on LG arena. Source: http://www.mylgarena.com/index.php?topic=822.0
LG cell Phone – Related Posts