In this guide, I’m going to show you how to tether your LG Chocolate Touch to your computer without getting charged $20 for Verizon’s tethering fee. You’ll still need an unlimited data plan, but you won’t need to pay $20 for tethering. Just a note, you won’t want to use this too much, this is just if you need internet on the go, or something like that. If you use alot of data, Verizon will catch on, and you’ll void your contract/warranty. As long as you don’t go over like 7 GB, you should be fine. Just be careful, technically you’re not supposed to do this! LG Phone Problem and Solution
Ok, to start, you need to set up your LG Chocolate Touch.
1. Go into Settings, then USB Auto Detection. Set it to Modem Only or always ask.
2. Close the settings.
3. Open the Dialer.
4. Type in ##PROGRAM8575 (##77647268575) then click CALL
5. Type in all 0 (zeros)
6. Tap Data, then MIP Settings.
7. Go down to the bottom of the list and tap NAI Settings.
8. Tap SIP DUN NAI
9. In the text field, remove the dun. in the address. Then tap Done.
10. Now go to MIP DUN NAI. Do the same and delete the dun. in the address and tap Done.
11. Now press the End button. Your LG Chocolate Touch is now ready for free tethering.
Setting up your computer:
I will be doing this guide for Windows 7, so Windows Vista should be pretty close to the same. Mac and XP will be completely different. I might be able to make a guide for Mac, but XP users might be out of luck, from me at least, unless you can figure these out yourself. But anyways, if you need help with Mac, reply or PM me.
1. Click Start, then Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center. Or it might just be straight to Network and Sharing Center. It depends on how you have the view setup.
3. Now click Set up a new connection or network.
4. Click Set up a dial-up connection.
5. For the Dial Up number, put in "#777" (without quotes). For the user name, put in "email@example.com". For the password put in "vzw". It doesn’t matter what you name the connection.
6. Click next, and you’ll be ready to use your connection. It’ll start trying to connect, just click Cancel or Skip. Whatever it says.
7. Plug in your LG Chocolate Touch. If asked on your phone, click Data.
8. Back in Network and Sharing Center, click Change Adapter Settings on the left.
9. Right click the connection you just made and click Properties.
10. Where it says connect using, check only "LGE CDMA USB Modem"
11. Now it’s ready! In the network icon in the tray select the network you just made. Click Connect.
On your LG Chocolate Touch you will see what looks like a call connecting. It will do this on and off as the computer is transferring data. If you get a call or text message the tethering will pause, but when you end the call it will continue.
Hope you like this guide! Be careful and watch how much data you use! Again, don’t use this as your primary connection! LG-Chocolate Touch info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
hi, are you able to send instructions on how to set up the dial up network on mac os x snow leopard please, thank you
Hi, I’m also looking for instructions for mac os…please help!
If I have a lg chocalate thats flashed to cricket, can I use it as a tether?
I tried this last night, I kept getting an error message on my new connection. Is said device missing. Was trying on a new Dell with windows 7 “Help”
trying w windows xp and felt i had modified instuctions to fit XP, but get error691 about domain doesn’t recognize usrname and password. then tried regular verizon connection that is free to their homepage. i get same error. ideas before I reset computer to last week’s settings? thanks in advance!
This works perfectly thanks, Also Note: YOU NEED THE LG CHOCOLATE TOUCH DRIVER FOR THIS TO WORK:
[ http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-chocolate-touch-driver-download.html ]
Your user name should be [your number]@vzw3g.com
Make sure you have the drivers and your USB setting (on phone) set to “Modem Mode”