If you have a LG Android phone chances are you are using the built in calendar app. In case you haven’t noticed it is automatically syncing to Google Calendar online which you can access from a PC (or Mac). If you have a Mac you probably also like to use iCal and you want to share your calendar between your LG Android phone and your Mac. How do you get your Android/Google Calendar to sync to your Mac iCal? Read on to learn how. LG Android Phones
- Apple iCal 3.x and up on Mac OS X v10.5+ (supports CalDAV sync)
- Google Calendar Account
- LG Android Phone
- Open Apple iCal, go to Preferences and then the Accounts tab.
- Click on the + button to add an account.
- In the box that pops up, enter a description for the account and your Google Account username and password.
- Under Server Options, add the following URL:
- Replace ‘YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM’ with the email address that you use to log in to Calendar. Make sure to include the ‘@domain.com’ portion (which is @gmail.com for Gmail users) in this section. DO NOT substitute your username for ‘user’ at the end of the URL.
- Leave the Use Kerberos v5 for authentication option unchecked
- Click Add.
- Under the Delegation tab, select the calendars you’d like to add to iCal by checking the boxes next to them. You may need to hit refresh to get the latest list of calendars.
- Add your email address to you Address Book card by selecting Add Email. You’ll be prompted to add your email address only if your address is not already in your Address Book.
Hints of Syncing LG Android Calendar to Mac iCal: LG Phone Problem and Solution
Make life easy on yourself, if you aren’t already using gmail and Google calendar as your primary accounts then you are missing out on the best possible experience on LG Android. The Google services are integrated into Android better than any other offering a superior user experience. And because Google offers many options to share and sync your accounts you can sync your gmail and calendar with most other devices much easier than trying to do things the other way around.
You won’t be able to invite or email guests to Google Calendar events within iCal if your address is not in your Address Book.
Your Google Calendar will now appear in iCal’s list of calendars, and changes you make to your Google Calendar in iCal will be reflected when you sign in to Google Calendar.
Event information will automatically refresh every five minutes. You can change this interval by opening the iCal > Preferences > Accounts menu and selecting a new refresh interval under the ‘Refresh calendars’ drop-down. Keep in mind you can also force a refresh by selecting a calendar and pressing the Apple and R keys at the same time.
Calendars that are checked but disabled have already been added to iCal – you can remove them from within iCal.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts