I have a piece of good news for the LG Ally users, the LG Ally Android Smartphone now gets an update by LG Electronics, we learnt it at androidforums.com. This update doesn’t appear to be OTA yet, it’s just a new version 9 software update for the LG Ally.
Right now it is only a manual update, following is the steps of the software update.
1. Click here to download and install the software updater.
2. Once the program opens select the "Install USB Driver" button. On your LG Ally under settings->about phone->status you can find your MEID. Put that into the appropriate search field and download and install the drivers to your computer.
3. While Drivers are downloading and install, on your LG Ally go to Settings->Applications->Development check USB debugging and Stay Awake.
4. Power off the LG Ally and remove the SD Card. Power phone back on.
5. Once all the drivers have installed connect the phone to you computer. Use one of your rear USB ports. The front ports do not have as stable of voltages and will drop the connection.
6. You may have to select the "Start Update" button, I did not.
7. Find something to do for the next 20 min while the update downloads and installs
It has been tested on my windows 7, works so great. what are you waiting for? Just do it. Give it a try.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
doesn’t work, ally has no available drivers listed.
Says there are no available updates for mine too and it’s version 8.
THANKS SO MUCH, HELPED ME OUT OF A SERIOUS JAMB, U ROCK
This did not work for me. It got my phone stuck and I have to go get another one. I hope they do something soon. I love all LG products but the ally is really sucking as a smart phone