A tutorial of all the ways to watch live and recorded TV on the LG Chocolate Touch
1. VCAST Videos
VCAST videos is a pretty good way to watch recorded TV on the LG Chocolate Touch, and some of the recorded TV is to the day recent. VCAST videos includes NFL Network Live TV through the NFL Mobile app, and also has recorded TV through the normal VCAST app. LG Phone Problem and Solution
$3/day- includes unlimited access to VCAST Videos and unlimited data for 24 hours
$10/mo.- includes unlimited access to VCAST Videos, but will also require an unlimited data plan for an extra $29.99/mo.
To purchase, just open the VCAST Videos app and select a plan to sign up for. It will be charged to your bill. LG-Chocolate Touch info
Orb is a tool meant for streaming content from your computer to your LG Chocolate Touch, or pretty much any device. Orb supports streaming video, music, and photos from your computer. Video and music is streamed using the .3GP format, which is supported by the CT through the Browser. Orb is free, but to use it requires your computer to be running, so might not always be the best option.
To set up Orb:
1. Go to Orb.com and download Orb Classic
2. Go through the setup instructions and set up an account.
3. When it asks, set up the folders with your video, music, and photo files in them.
4. Go to my.orb.com on your LG Chocolate Touch(data charges will apply, of course!)
5. Go to settings at the bottom of the page
6. Go to the Stream tab on the settings page
7. Select3GP-AAC/RTSP format (.3gp) and click Save and Exit (If for some reason this doesn’t work, go back into settings and choose a different stream format.
8. Now you can go into the Videos and play videos from your computer or select Internet TV to play a stream from the internet. Some of the local channels in my area are available, and on my.orb.com on your PC you can add your own internet stream.
3. Freemake Video Converter:
Freemake Video Converter will just allow you to convert your own video files to .3GP format to play on your LG Chocolate Touch. This one is the only option you really have if you don’t have a data plan and don’t want to pay anything extra.
To set up Freemake:
1. Download Freemake Video Converter from freemake.com and install it.
2. Once installed, open Freemake.
3. Add your video file(s) and click to 3GP.
4. Choose the top preset, 320×240. Then choose the folder to save it to. Click Convert.
5. Once it’s finished converting, you can put it on your LG Chocolate Touch via USB, Bluetooth, or SD Card.
USB: you’ll also need an SD card. Plug the LG Chocolate Touch into PC and open Tools, and select USB Mass Storage. Locate the phone on your computer and put the video file in the my_videos folder.
Bluetooth: put the video file into your Bluetooth Exchange Folder on your PC. Pair the PC and phone. On the phone open the Bluetooth menu and click on your PC. Click Browse/Get files. Select your video and it’ll start downloading it from the PC.
SD Card: if your computer has an SD card reader, and you have an Micro SD card adapter, you can do it this way. It’s fastest. Put the Micro SD card in the adapter. Put the adapter in the computer, then open the folder. Put the video file in the my_videos folder.
6. Once it’s on the phone, you can play it by opening My Videos in Media Center>Pictures and Videos.
Hope this helped!!!! If you need any more help, or have another way to watch TV on your phone, reply to this thread!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts