This is a tutorial on how to get an adb shell on your LG Eve/Etna GW620. LG Android Phones
Caution: To use the adb shell at your own risk, always backup your phone before change any settings. Regards. LG Cell Phone Software
In windows: LG-Eve/Etna/Intouch Max info
1. (turn Debug mode on before proceeding)
2. plug the USB in.
3. install the device regularly, (with out using any modem drivers). it should install as a "USB Composite Device" and two other uninstalled devices (yes it should fail to install the other two).
4. go to Control Panel-> System -> Device Manager. you’ll see two USB MODEM devices (under Modems!) as unknown devices with a (!) mark.
5. select the second one (the bottom one) and then right click and select "update driver software…". then choose "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device….." then "Have a disk" then.. oh it stops here haha..
6. now browse the driver selection screen to the .inf file located in the "\android-sdk-windows\usb_driver" folder. (i.e. "android_winusb.inf")
7. select it and it’ll display three drivers (Android ADB, Android Interface ADB, and a third one I can’t remember now).
8. Select the first one (Android ADB) and it then select "install this driver anyway"
9. proceed with running the "adb shell" located in the sdk/tools folder. you can also use "adb devices" to see if the device is recognized.
just as a side note, the adb file has to run "As an Administrator" in order to "pull" or "push" anything to the LG Eve/Etna GW620 device.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts