Thanks to jackpot08 I’m now able to upgrade my LG Revolution from 2.2 froyo into 2.3 gingerbread. I thought it might be useful to someone who are ready to update their phone just like me. LG Android Phones
I hope it’s completely needless to say that I don’t take any credit, since I haven’t contributed anything to make the tutorial. Good luck. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Steps to update LG Revolution to Android 2.3 Gingerbread:
- Plug your LG Revolution to your PC via USB cable.
- Get the LGNPST Package with the GenericModels and Components Plug-In. http://www.multiupload.com/UT7I7O2MNZ
- Get the driver for the phone and install it. http://www.multiupload.com/QELZ4SJ5U4
- Get the Android 2.3 Stock Rom tot file and extract it. http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-revolution-gingerbread-v7-firmware-download.html
- Get the DLL file specifically for the Revolution. http://www.multiupload.com/0AJEFUHVID
- Extract the "LGNPST Store & Lab"
- Install the following order:
- a. LGNPSTv1.2_Store_Version.msi
- b. LGNPST_v1.2_Lab_Version.msi
- c. Components >> LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_12_0.msi
- d. GenericModels >> LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_5_0_10_0.msi
- Run "Right_Click_Register_DLL.reg"
- Make a new folder called "Models" in the program’s directory. Default: "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\"
- Grab the "VS910.dll" and put it in the "Models" folder.
- Right Click "VS910.dll" and click on Install/Register.
- Note: DLL WILL NOT INSTALL UNLESS COMPONENTS AND GENERICMODELS PLUG-INS ARE INSTALLED!!!
- IF YOU CANNOT INSTALL IT ON A RIGHT CLICK GO TO "C:\Windows\System32" and drag the VS910.dll on "regsvr32" and it should install.
- a. Make sure you install it properly
- b. REBOOT!!
- Run "LGNPST"
- Plug in your LG Revolution, use Internet Connection Mode,and enable USB Debugging.
- Phone should pop up in the list.
- Select the phone and click on the Open folder button inside the .BIN query underneath the COM## details.
- Since it wants a .bin file, you can open the .TOT file by typing "*.*" inside the File Name query and hitting Enter
- Select "VS910ZV4_04.S4_04.P58008.R5.user.tot" and Click OK.
- Then click on Upgrade.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Now you have the Gingerbread on your phone.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts