It has been found that most of the users of LG Optimus S owners faced many issues when they followed the last tutorial so as to update their phone to the lastest VD version. But since we have now found out a easy way, we will see on how you can easily update a LG Optimus S from VC/V9 to VD. LG Android Phones
Caution: If you received a refurbished LS670 from Sprint as a replacement, you might run into troubles trying to use the LG Mobile Support Tool to update to VD from VC or V9. Follow this Guide on your risk and if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process, we will not be responsible for anything. LG Cell Phone Software
If you have already rooted your LG Optimus S and have a custom recovery in place you can easily move from the V9/VC baseband to the newest VD update without having to re-root, or reinstall any of your apps. LG Phone Problem and Solution
All things you will need:
How to Update LG Optimus S from VC / V9 to VD Steps:
1. Place the VD baseband compatible rom of your choice onto the root directory of your SD card.
2. Boot your LG Optimus S into recovery and create a nandroid backup of your current rom.
3. Reboot your phone and connect it to your computer.
4. Run the LG updater tool to update your LG Optimus S to the latest VD baseband
5. Once the LG updater is done flashing the firmware to your phone, your phone will reboot. I let my phone boot all the way up to the point where it was asking me to download a sprintID theme.
6. Fire up the command prompt! Go to your android SDK tools folder and type the following into your command prompt (not in an adb shell)
adb reboot recovery
7. Nandroid Restore the backup you made in step 1 then reboot your phone.
8. Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe Cache (no need to wipe data as that is nothing but all the apps you would be reinstalling anyways.)
9. Flash your VD compatible rom of choice to your LG Optimus S and then select reboot when it is done flashing.
10. Your first boot might take a minute due to the phone having to rebuild the dalvik cache. Enjoy your phone still rooted, with all your apps, and the VD baseband compatible with all new versions of Thunderom and Nrom. LG-Optimus info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts