How to Unlock the Bootloader on LG G4:
Take the following steps to unlock the bootloader on your LG G4 and to download Customized kernel and android binary:
1. Click Starting Unlocking the Bootloader at the bottom of this page to start the bootloader unlock process. If you are not logged into your account, we ask that you log in.
2. Legal Terms will be displayed on your screen. After reading the terms, if you would like to continue to unlock the Bootloader, then click I Accept.
3. Your name and email address will be displayed. Check your name and email address. If you want to change your email address, click Change. You must verify your new email address after changing it.
4. Enter the first 15 digits of your phone’s IMEI number. You can view the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone or selecting the Settings >> About phone >> Status >> IMEI menu.
5. Download and install the latest Android SDK (adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe) from developer.android.com
6. Create a new folder (for example: C:\tools) and copy the following three files to the new folder:
- • Adb.exe
- • AdbWinApi.dll
- • Fastboot.exe
You can find these three files from: sdk\platform-tools
7. Enable USB-Debugging on your phone. USB-Debugging is required for the commands “adb” and “fastboot” to work. To enable USB-Debugging, go to Settings >> About phone >> Software info and tap Build number 7 times. Return to the previous screen, select Developer options and enable USB-Debugging.
8. Enable OEM unlock on your phone. Activating the "Enable OEM unlock" is necessary for the bootloader unlock. To enable OEM unlock, go to Settings >> Developer options and check Enable OEM unlock.
9. Enter your phone’s unique Device ID. You can view the Device ID by connecting your phone to the PC using a USB cable and entering "adb reboot bootloader" in DOS command window of the folder you created in previous step (for example: C:\tools). Your phone will reboot into the fastboot mode. Enter "fastboot oem device-id" in DOS command window.
10. This fastboot command will return a character string. This is the Device ID which is needed to generate your unique unlock key.
Example Device ID (PC User)$ fastboot oem device-id
To generate your unlock key, you will need to paste together the 2 lines of output into one continuous string without "(bootloader)" or white spaces. In the example above, the Device ID would be:
11. Click Confirm. If your IMEI number and Device ID are valid, the bootloader unlock key will be sent to your email.
12. Download your bootloader unlock key to your phone by connecting your phone to PC using USB cable and entering "adb reboot bootloader" in DOS command window.
13. Your phone will reboot into the fastboot mode.
14. Go to the directory where you downloaded your bootloader unlock key.
15. Enter "fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin " in DOS command window.
“unlock.bin” is the bootloader unlock key you received in the email.
Reboot your phone by entering “fastboot reboot” in DOS command window.
16. Connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable and enter "adb reboot bootloader" in DOS command window.
Your phone will reboot into the fastboot mode. You can check if the device is successfully unlocked, you can check by entering "fastboot getvar unlocked" and verifying that the response is "unlocked: yes"
You can now download a custom android binary.
1. Run the desired fastboot command.
i. flash : fastboot flash
Ex) fastboot flash boot boot.img
ii. erase : fastboot erase
Ex) fastboot erase boot
iii. reboot : fastboot reboot OR fastboot reboot-bootloader
2. Exit fastboot mode and reboot.
i. Press the Power button for 10 seconds to turn off the device.
ii. Use ‘fastboot reboot’ command if the fastboot prompt is available.
LG G4 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts