This is a quick and easy tutorial for unlocking the bootloader on Google’s LG Nexus 5X.
Caution: I am not responsible for you bricking your device or causing any kind of damage to it. You follow this guide AT YOUR OWN RISK! That being said, let’s get to the unlocking!
Warning: Make backup before unlocking bootloader. This procedure will wipe the /data partition of your phone, so you will loose all your stored data, settings. SDCARD will BE WIPED!!!
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG Nexus 5X:
Command your device to unlock the bootloader:
This will erase all user data from the device!
You should now see a screen on your phone asking you to confirm this action, use the volume keys to scroll and the power key to confirm if you’re sure you want to go ahead.
Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging.
- Under Developer Options, check the box for Enable OEM Unlock.
- Power off your phone then boot into the bootloader (power + volume down).
- Connect your phone to your PC via usb cable.
- Open command prompt, type the following in command prompt. Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
Congratulations You Have Successfully Unlocked Your Bootloader.
LG Nexus 5X Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts