If you decide to unlock the bootloader on your new LG Nexus 5, then doing it right out of the box is a good idea. Just remember, the process of unlocking will completely wipe all of your personal data off of the phone.
Caution: This guide is straight forward and easy, but I am not responsible for any brick, try this at your own risk!
- SDK installed
- USB debugging mode enabled on your LG Nexus 5.
Now Lets go and unlock the LG Nexus 5
1. Power off your Nexus 5 and reboot it into bootloader/fastboot mode by holding the Volume Down button + Power button.
2. Plug the phone into your PC, if you’re using Windows, you’ll see the pop-up about drivers being installed and initialized.
3. Open a command prompt window window and type code:
- cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools
- fastboot devices
You should get a device ID returned, which lets you know that fastboot can see your Nexus 5.
4. If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
- fastboot oem unlock
5. After entering the command, you should see a warning message on the screen, now using volume keys, choose the ‘yes’ option and hit the power button to select it.
6. After the above command has finished executing, run the following:
- fastboot reboot
When the device reboots, you’re done. You’re free to install custom software, modified boot images, custom recovery.
LG Nexus 5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts