With the LG G3 out for a couple of months now, it should come as no surprise that the folks over at XDA have found a way to root and unlock the device. The method for unlocking the bootloader of the device is pretty straight forward (with the steps listed below).
Note: This should work with all carrier variants, you just need to be rooted first (and work through a little adb with a recovery.img)
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G3 Steps:
- Download the file linked below to your computer
- Set your phone to MTP mode, and copy the downloaded file to your phone’s INTERNAL SD Card
- Open a command prompt window on your computer, and run these commands one at a time (YOU WILL GET AN ‘out of space’ ERROR ON THE ZERO PART, IGNORE IT!) – copy and paste them if you must.
- adb shell
- dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
- dd if=/sdcard/twrp-22.214.171.124_CHANGEME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
How to enter into Recovery:
- Power off the phone, and unplug USB
- Hold Volume Down + Power
- When you see the LG logo, keep holding Volume Down, release Power and quickly press it again.
- Continue holding both Volume Down and Power until you see the "Factory Reset" screen (if you have Bump installed, it won’t erase your data, don’t worry!)
- Press Volume Down, then Power to confirm
- Press Volume Down again, and Power to confirm once again
TWRP downloads for all the LG G3 devices:
After you have completed the above steps, the bootloader will be unlocked.
LG G3 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts