Good news to LG Optimus G owners, here is a tutorial about how to unlock bootloader for their devices. Regardless you bought the LG Optimus G from Sprint or AT&T in the US, this method successfully works on both two versions. In addition, the Canadian version and the Korean version can not been unlocked for now, but we believe that the author is going to work on both soon.
All credits to thecubed from XDA forum
Warning: Bootloader unlock will VOID your LG Nexus 4’s WARRANTY, I am not responsible for any damage it may cause.
All things you will need:
- AT&T: http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lgoptimusg/att/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_ATT.zip
- Sprint: http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lgoptimusg/sprint/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Sprint.zip
- ADB/FASTBOOT drivers: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-nexus-4-drivers-download.html
- An rooted LG Optimus G
How to Unlock Bootloader for LG Optimus G Steps:
- Install ADB/FASTBOOT drivers on your PC
- Download and Extract the FreeGee.zip anywhere on your PC
- Enable USB Debug on LG Optimus G, Use Charge Only mode when connected to PC and your phone’s screen is on and unlocked.
- Run the "freegee.bat" script, and follow the instructions. Do not run this as administrator! the install will fail if you do so.
- Once the unlock is complete, check to make sure you have a "backups" folder now in the folder where you put FreeGee. If not, DO NOT REBOOT your phone.
- Congratulations! Your LG Optimus G is unlocked successfully
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts