If you haven’t found a guide to fix an bricked LG Optimus LTE, then here it goes. All of the following worked on my LG Optimus LTE without any problem.
Disclaimer: This guide is not my work, it’s pasted from XDA forum and made by Malnilion [Original link]. So I’m not responsible for any damage. Do this at your own risk. Good luck!
What you need:
- ADB: Download and install it
- LG Optimus LTE USB drivers: Download an install it.
- LG Mobile Software Update Tool: Download an install it.
- KDZ_FW_UPD_EN: Extract the it.
- LG SU-640 firmware V10F_00.kdz
- boot.img: http://fileape.com/dl/OCowIxMnbDUMiPW6
- recovery.img: http://fileape.com/dl/jFMlB8I3kkSMOYWN
- firmware.img: http://fileape.com/dl/4gHHDDUhODLiJGHM
- baseband.img: http://fileape.com/dl/TMsvdaKOa7VG4mVT
- system.img: http://depositfiles.com/files/f0ke241ew
Now you have everything you need, let’s begin fixing your bricked LG Optimus LTE.
How to Flash and Return your LG Optimus LTE to stock SU-640 Rom:
- Put your LG Optimus LTE in download mode: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-lte-download-mode.html
- Open up UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.
- Hit the folder icon next to the "Select kdz file" line and browse to the SU-640 v10f_00.kdz
- Select "CSE web upgrade test", a new window with some options including an "Upgrade Start" button should appear.
- Take a deep breath…there’s no going back. Press "Upgrade Start".
- At this point in time another dialog box will appear asking what country and language the LG Mobile Upgrade tool should use. Since this guide is written in English, I assume you’ll want to change it from Republic of Korea to All other countries and Korean to English. This affects the language that output messages are displayed in in the LG Update tool only, it doesn’t affect anything with the rom (that’ll be all Korean on initial startup lol).
- The update tool will proceed to flash your phone, but it should never complete "normally" (mine never made it past 4% according to the tool and other users have reported similar behavior). However, your phone should reboot once or a couple of times and then just be sitting idle waiting for you to go through the setup wizard. At this point, just kill the LG update tool process in task manager, don’t wait for it to complete because it won’t.
For people who are to root your LG Optimus LTE, go here:
Restoring LG Optimus LTE partition images:
- Open up a command prompt and navigate to the folder you saved your recovery images to (hopefully you put them in the same folder, it’ll make your job easier)
- Push all the image files to the phone’s sdcard using the command:
- adb push filename.img /sdcard
- Now the real fun begins! Use the following commands:
- adb shell
- dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
- dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
- dd if=/sdcard/firmware.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
- dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
- dd if=/sdcard/baseband.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
- You won’t be able to issue a reboot command, so just hold power down on your phone til it’s off and hold the volume down button so that it comes back up in factory data reset mode. You will want to pull your sdcard at this time if you don’t want your data erased.
- Hit power twice and your LG Optimus LTE should go through its reset process and (hopefully!) come back up in a working (and rooted) AT&T "stock" rom
LG Optimus LTE Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
PReCuRSoR on 11 May, 2012 at 10:37 am #
I can’t find the file “LG SU-640 firmware V10F_00.kdz” anywhere. Anyone, can you help me?
on 19 September, 2012 at 5:17 pm #
on 25 October, 2012 at 2:16 pm #
Is this going to work on LG OPTIMUS LTE SU640 V20D?
Md. ruhul amin on 3 July, 2013 at 8:15 am #
My LG SU-640 yesterday was sudden off. first I was try to restart, but it did not restart, then I remove the battery. after that my phone was dead, no any display. in this case what should I do?
Michael on 24 July, 2013 at 8:24 pm #
I need some help doing the adb commands, please! It’s stuck at the LG logo screen (as you said it would be, and I killed the LG update tool as instructed). But when I try to type in adb commands, I may be doing it wrong. Please help!
Usman on 31 August, 2013 at 3:48 pm #
whats is the process for LTE 2