Filed Under (LG Cookie
) by lg-phones on 08-08-2010
Do you want to speed up your LG Cookie? I heard something on the LG Cookie forum that you may delete few files from CUST_THEME to make your phone speed up. They all have been tested by many people with proven results. It wouldn’t brick your phone if you follow the steps exactly as described. LG-Cookie info
Caution: Before getting started, remember to back up your LG Cookie, including your contacts, SMS messages, files and photos.
Credits to kulesiak2
How to Speed up your LG Cookie Steps:
The first step I suggest you to make CUST copy – everything can happen..
Files you can delete:
- Lgapp/dmf/Startup – everything
- Lgapp/media/Sounds – folders "Aging" and "Default mp3"
- Lgapp/media/Sounds/Default sounds/ – Everything except of "Other Tones"
- Lgapp/media/Sounds/Game – Here you can delete what you want. I bet u use flashplayer except of roulette, so you can delete every file with "roulette", files with "dice" are ofc "Dices" game sounds. Delete it or leave it – your choice (i’ve deleted them)
- Lgapp/media/Flashcontents/Default SWFs – whole folder
- Lgapp/media/BlogService – all
- Lgapp/Media/Factory – all
- Lgapp/Media/builtin – if you’ll delete it, you’ll be unable to use Muvee Studio, the rest will work properly
- Lgapp/Pso – everything except of YOUR LANGAUGE file. After deleting it, u’ll be unable to use other langauges, only the ones you left.
- lgapp/Common – these 2 images
- lgapp/Common/Obigo/img – all
- lgapp/Media/Event Sounds – you can delete all
- lgapp/Media/Language – everything except of your langauge (mine was "Polish"), HeaderInfo.bin and FakeLanguage!
- lgapp/Media/Images/Default Images – i’ve deleted all except off Power_on and off
- lgapp/Media/Keytone sounds/ivt/Game/ – Roulette for sure, files with "dice" could stay – u can delete theme too if u want
- lgapp/Media/Keytone sounds/ – here you can delete touch sounds you dont use, i’ve deleted Bee-beep and Piano. DO NOT DELETE "ivt" DIRECTORY!
- lgapp/dmf/Browser – if u’re not using default browser, i suggest you to delete it. Phone is much faster without it (browser folder = 5mb+)
- lgapp/dmf/MuveeStudio – if u’ve deleted files from Lgapp/Media/builtin, delete all files from here aswell except of Muvee.dmf. U’ll be able to visit Muvee studio but it’ll be unusable.. Little extra to this on the end of topic
- LGAPP\Media\Frames – this will delete frames in camera. You can leave it or delete if you want
To get the best results, you should follow these steps too:
- You should use this modified effect.dmf. It has fastest effects, they’re like iPhone ones Credits to fabiode34! DOWNLOAD
- You should also place most of your files on Memory Card, not on phone’s Internal Memory. Leave only your wallpaper, ringtone etc to keep phone fast and save battery’s life more. There should be no more than 10mb on phone’s internal memory.
Click on the following link if you have any issues
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
lgcookie on 17 April, 2011 at 4:09 pm #
Can you delete those things on the phone? or
do you have to connect the lg cookie to the computer and then delete them?
sicco on 25 October, 2011 at 3:24 am #
man, i strongly need a method to apply this on GD880 !!! any ideas anyone ?
sicco on 25 October, 2011 at 12:29 pm #
I HAVE SUCCEEDED TO BROWSE LG GD880’S ROOT FOLDERS AND LGSAPPS FOLDER !!!
IF ANYONE INTERESTED IN IT GIMME A SIGNAL
Aashutosh on 15 November, 2011 at 2:13 am #
How to prepare a CUST? i mean what is it?
bl1nd on 2 January, 2012 at 11:57 am #
sicco how can i browse to the root KP500 by bluetooth with windows7?