Rooting a phone grants you the ability to modify system files, install forbidden applications, change icons and, in a few words, do anything you want.
As soon as you gain full access to your LG Optimus GT540, you can unlock it to use any SIM card you want and even enjoy tethering options. LG Android Phones
The good news is that finally someone found a way to root the LG Optimus GT540, and was so kindly to share his thoughts. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Please backup your data before rooting your LG Optimus GT540 because they all will be erased.
How to Root the LG Optimus GT540 Steps:
- Turn on the device and click the icon to open the phone dialer
- Enter the code ‘3845#*540#’
- Select the option ‘Module Test’, then ‘Stability Test’ then ‘Enable Root Permission’
- You will now be prompted for a password – enter :SWIFT::GT540:
- A toast message will briefly appear saying ‘OK’ – your root access is now enabled!
- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you’ll see you have a root prompt (#).
You can now download and install ChainsDD’s excellent Superuser app from here (I used the su-2.1-cd-unsecure version). Have a good day!
LG Optimus GT540 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts