After spending a week to figure out how I can get root on my newly purchased LG G4, I finally got it to work, by using this method which was downloaded from the xda forum.
This software can easy to root all Regional and carrier variants of the LG G4, get to share with your friends. Although is very easy, but I will give a simple tutorial.
Caution: Please read the following steps carefully, since you may brick your phone if you do something wrong in the process.
You will have flashed a partition to some random place on your phone’s internal SD, and no amount of sad private messages will be able to help you.
I’m 100% serious, if you do this wrong, you will turn your phone into a paperweight – so please don’t go rooting your mom/dad’s phone with this method. Wait for something better from us.
How to Root T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/International LG G4:
- Install LG USB Drivers on your PC: All G4 (except Verizon) | Verizon
- Download the "send_command" tools from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772
- Download the appropriate files for your phone from the section below.
- Extract the tar.gz file you downloaded, and move the resulting "system.rooted.phonemodel.img" file to the root of your phone’s internal SD card with MTP mode. Do not rename this file, or move it into any folders.
- On the same page you download the send_command tools (step 2), follow steps 1,2,3,6,7,8,and 9 only.
Ensure that on step 9, you use the right COM port.
- Type "id" and press enter (no quotes).
You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root". If not, press CTRL-C, and do step 9 again (the application sometimes doesn’t respond on the first command).
- Run the command specified in the section below titled ‘Commands to Run’ to flash the rooted system image.
- After a few minutes of sitting, you should get back a "#" prompt. This indicates the process has finished.
- Type "LEAVE" (no quotes) and press enter. Your phone should reboot, and your phone will be rooted.
Read the Full Article, Go to XDA NOW!
LG G4 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone Related Posts